computer/vista ?

Is there a way that someone can create a disk that will wipe out vista and reinstall xp that will run the computer?

such as all the programs and drivers that will run the computer.

Its a brand new gateway laptop. My uncle was asking me and i told him i would ask.

thanx

u need a copy of xp

yeah, he needs a copy of XP

more than likely, the manufacturer will have both vista and XP drivers on their website for download. Put them on a CD then format and install xp

how would i go about formatting the computer, with the xp disk?

How much would someone on here do it for? i dont want to do it and something bad happen.

IIRC, the xp disk makes you (or at least asks you) to format before install, with several options. All you really need is the xp disk and your drivers, its quite simple, directions are everywhere on the net.

Get the Windows XP CD I’ll do it for $50

[quote=“Showoff,post:4,topic:35654"”]

how would i go about formatting the computer, with the xp disk?

How much would someone on here do it for? i dont want to do it and something bad happen.

[/quote]

after you get the drivers (make sure you get them all), just throw the XP CD in the drive and restart the computer. It will ask you to “press any key to boot from CD…” or something similar before XP starts.

hit a key and follow the instructions on screen. It’s very straightforward. It will probably tell you that it detects another OS and you’ll just choose to Format disk and install XP

Its to new for me to play with, and he dont know what he is doing, Like i said he would rather pay someone to do it.

thay means to put all the drivers on the disk and install and format everything.

I know i could do it but like i said i am not a professianl and wouldnt want to mess up a brand new laptop.

I hear ya

I love vista and would never go back to xp…