converting word doc to pdf

how to i go about doing this? i have to email a paper to my professor and i dont know if she has word2007 or 2003, i have 03 and it doesnt open the file properly when using 07.

anyways, all this can be eliminated by turning it into a pdf, how do i convert it?

thanks

Cute PDF writer

it says its for printing?

yes…you select the cute PDF writer as your printer and when you go to print it saves it as a PDF file.

2TurboZ new huge nerd corner savior :tup:

hahaha…dont go that far…I only know it because it came on my work laptop and I was like WTF is that.

install fail

this is what it said

you fail to fuck that up… I am assuming on a xp machine so

http://www.letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=print+to+pdf

i have vista, it failed because of “user account control”

edit: so i turned it off, and this is the program that stops random shit that i dont want from running on my computer. why would this program need to turn this control off? ive never had this problem before

adobe distiller… I’m going to recommend press optimized with fonts embedded and acrobat 5 compatibility for the most universal scope.

Use OpenOffice.org: Writer, it can open your file as it sits, and then save it as a PDF.

Seeing as you fucked up Cute Writer PDF somehow…

shouldn’t you be able to just print to PDF. it may be different for XP, i’m using OS X and i can select print -> adobe PDF (instead of choosing a printer)

i cant actually select adobe, but one of the options is “print to file”; and that doesnt work

im on vista btw

thats a mac feature

or it allows me to save as ones of the following:

word doc
XML Doc
single file webpage
web page
web page filtered
document template
rich text format
plain text
word 2007 doc
word 07 macro enabled
works 6.0/7.0

Will any of these convert to pdf?

no I meant the whole select save as pdf… not to you, but no, you need a pdf printer

i read^ but its not allowing me to download any of the converters :frowning:

i guess i could just send it to her as an 03document and 07 converted document

mine came with the pdf maker.

try this

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=F1FC413C-6D89-4F15-991B-63B07BA5F2E5&displaylang=en

^ i have 03 tho, will that still work? i dont understand why my laptop didnt come with office/word lol…