cool historic idea

Originally posted by vw16vcabby
ok, need some help here. i wanted to paint my car flat black, rat rod style, and possibly flame it. yet another local kid just did it to a civic…

so i got a new ideal—make it look like a ww1 or ww2 german plane. Yet im getting crap for pics.

was more than likely going to incorporate one of the german “butcher birds” paint scheme into my car. Dont want a camo car, more of a olive or one color design, but im not ruling out camo yet… in addition, german aces put the kill marks on the tail, not by the canopy like jap/usa fighters… so my left rear 1/4 would eb for kills…

so,. what style do u think i should go for? keep in mind, will leave the swatika off…

in addition, have this on it…

this is the Badge of the 5th Staffel, which was commanded by Wilhelm-Ferdinand Galland, who had 104 kills in WW2…

i think this would tie in to my interior, as im plan on making a BASIC aluminium dash anyways in addition to deleting the door cards and making them out of sheet aluminium. I’m ditiching vw wiring in favor of painless wiring setup, so will have tons of toggle switches to go w/my gauges for turbo etc… basiclaly, be a mini cockpit…In addition, i have an 8 point cage, and 2 bucket race seats w/ harnesses allready installed. so the interior allready is in a way a cockpit…

i also liek the ideal/look of how the p-51 mustangs/ and the p-40’s look. they are the usa planes w/ the “shark” smile. yet painting a german car to mimic an american airplane seems screwy…

I really like the idea sailor… go for it. It will definatly be different thats for sure, but it would only look good on your car, I think its a great idea…

go with the second one

ok i’m confused… all those planes fade from a dark shade to light, really not camo??? is that the plan… if so :bigthumb:

flat not gloss i assume?

haha and i’ll paint my eclipse like the old japanese mitsubishi war planes and we’ll have dog fights all day long

i saw an army green F150 with black steelies yesterday… looked kinda military (pretty cool)… got me thinking… did you ever start on your dogfighter idea

no…still collecting money

Originally posted by vw16vcabby
no…still collecting money

screw it: who needs paint to whoop ass at the track/street :tounge: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :cool:

I personally dig the idea…I have often thought about mounting a “stutgart dive bomber” (pardron the spelling) siren onto a rice rocket bike…that shreaking noise in the old films is not just the sound that a decending plane makes…it was purposefully built to envoke fear…and i like it, at least when it is not in the hands of those who would seak to dominate the world…well… i like the idea anyway…there was a guy back home that had a “kubel wagon” (again with the spelling) AKA: VW Thing, that he claimed was in the NAZI north african campaign, and was Romell’s personel transport…the massive swastikas on it were not greeted with open arms though…I really think that is a shame, as that represents a relic of a bygone era, good or bad…Maybe for more accepetable (P.C.) paint scemes look to the WWII Navy or possibly the bomber art painted by the soldiers (posing chicks and fierce animals, wolves, sharks and tigers) on the planes…not quite as cool if u ask me, but maybe more acceptable.