Corvette ZR1 Loses Nurburgring Lap Record

nope

Whiners. Fast > slow.

you’re going to get all the use you can out of that saying huh

Yeah man, the NSX is going to be a badass car. Def. going to be on par with the GT-R and ZR-1

Exactly.

you are the new Shawn. :mwahaha

No one said it was a sick street car, only that is beat the lap record. Car and Driver did a article with the car in it as well and the car demolished every other car in the competition on everything but like 2 tracks.

I was commenting on the race rubber which makes the run less impressive.

I guess thats a valid point. Though if Nissan sent a ringer than I guess they are about even =P

Yep. Doesn’t meet the qualifications that GTR/ZR1 used.

Back to the nsx… not to sound like a fanboi but the NSX will not be released until it beats the GTR on the ring. CEO of honda flat out said that. lol.

Thats my basis :lol

I’m not a GT-R fanboi by any means, but I read that article, and if I remember correctly cars 4 and 5 performed just as well as car 1. Only cars 2 and 3 underperformed which initially led them to believe car 1 was a ringer, until they tested the last two. Oh, and wasn’t the point of the article about how Nissan underrates the GT-R, and it actually has like 80 more hp then they claim?

All manufactures underrate these days, from Abarth to Zonda.

I don’t care if it’s got street sneaks, hoho’s, 20 million worth of aerodynamics…it’s a fast fucking car and deserves credit for setting a lap time like that. GTR/ZR1 fans will rejoice if/when one is setup as a track car and sets a new time. It’s amazing that certain manufactures fight over this rin battle stuff, while others actually spend that money elsewhere building a good car :ponder

Just the name of the game and I love it.

Oh and fast > slow most definitely…

But there are times out there faster on the 'ring other than the production versions of the ZR1/GTR.

“manufacturer claimed, Hardcore Package option, suspension alterations, video confirmed”
Which in honesty puts it in a different classification than the GTR/ZR1.

But back to the NSX lol…
Lapped the ring in 7:37 with a passenger and a camo cover.

Inside Line reported that Honda CEO Takeo Fukui wants the NSX to be faster than the GT-R and the Lexus LF-A around the ‘Ring,

both are dead sexeh

Still doesn’t matter to me. It’s a fast car period, “streetable” or not. It’s listed as a production car with about as much practicality as 9ff’s recent concoction or Konigseggs CCX, but production none the less and deserves credit. Don’t care if it beat GM’s ZR-1 in street trim or Nissans flagship, it beat it, and with a crappy driver behind the wheel at that(or at least one having a bad day).

Hey maybe Nissan should actually build a supercar that they allow their paying customers to drive the balls off on a track like it was designed for like every other supercar manufacturer :nuts

And in traffic

QFT.

rumored to have a 5.5L V10 putting down 550hp. SH-AWD… gunna be naastyy.

how many people that actually buy supercars beat the balls off of them at a track? I know I would but everyone else not so much.

I’m neither suprised at all…put R rated tires on the ZR1 and it’d get the record back no problem. It’s only a fair comparison if the tires are designed for the same intended purpose…