Couple Videos From Watkins Glen

These were from last fall but don’t think I ever posted them here.

First one is HPDE2

Second one is the last session of the day, they were running out of time so split HPDE2 into 2 groups and sent one group with group 1 and the other with 3. I was doing pretty good in 2 but was raped several times during the session with group 3, whole different class of car and driver there.

Both were shot with my GoPro Hero.

What are the specs on your car now? I remember you had it setup for drag racing before.

It’s still FWD with a TT engine, in those videos running just wastegate boost on the stock 9B’s.

Megan Racing coilovers, VR4 brakes up front with Carbotech XP8 pads, rear sway bar, and some other suspension mods.

It’s slower now but a lot more fun.

Looks like more fun. I’ll get my car out there one day, lol.

What club did you run with? NASA?

It’s a blast. That was my second track day there and plan on making a few more this year along with a couple other tracks.

Yeah…it was technically through PDA but they’re essentially (and now completely) NASA. I also ran with trackmasters earlier last year which was a school only type thing (I was not with an instructor with PDA). Trackmasters is a bit better organized but before you can go solo they need to sign you off and you have to be rather skilled for that.