Craigslists For Sale Warning Thread A.K.A not worth looking at

Thought id post this up. Maybe it will become a STICKy thread. I Found a vehicle after a month of wasting gas and time looking at vehicles. So i thought this would be a good way to Post up the link of vehicles you have taken the time to look over and you feel the seller was full of sh!t. Post what he lied about and condition of the car. Its still your opinion but may help others decide if its worth looking at. Ill start the thread with a Honda civic i Looked at last before i found my hatch. Ill post link and give details how other post’s should look like to make this thread clear and easy.

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/2318240891.html

Location south hills actually up by dormont area .
Kid states that the engine was FULLY rebuilt with all kinds of parts. I went and asked him about it. He had no idea about the engine. He said a friend " said " it was rebuilt from bottom up. In the picture car looks ok. I drive up the rear bumper looks spray painted, trunk is different color. Rear quarters looked as if someone welded patch’s in and they rotted all the way thru again. Passanger door is banged up rusted and makes a " Scary" imma rip off noise into the fender when its being open. Kid says it doesnt burn oil… Oil all over rear bumper stained. I look under hood and check dipstick… NO OIL AT ALL. he said it is from it sitting If you drive it or turn it on the oil shows up on dipstick . Car was beaten to death. He drove me in it with no oil. Its not 200whp or near it thing was a turd. Not worth $4500 and no pa stickers on it. Oh i figured id add. I asked bout this so called dyno and tune. He had no idea bout it said his buddy told him it was tuned and never seen dyno sheets.

:bigtdown:

LOL i like the idea of this thread

me too.

i edited a part into my ad bout the dyno sheet he never had nor seen. You can edit this however you want ( to admins) but it seems to be a good idea

Good idea :tup:

But let’s keep this to cars that people would actually be interested in buying and not turn it into the “Hey check out this shitty DONK” thread.

http://www.rides-mag.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/1-15.jpg

yea thats a good idea . Thats what i meant to do

this makes me wanna go see cars i have no interested in to see how retarded some people are

First CL car to avoid.

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/2323780282.html

Did you look at it? His asking price is high for a project. Other then that is there something else that he did not mention in the ad you are warning about?

I’m sorry dude but you are pretty fucking stupid if you thought that car was worth looking at. After the first line of “First one to come with cash gets it” you should have just kept on looking. How fucking idiotic would someone have to be to say “No, you’re here with cash but I’m going to wait for the 7th person with cash to show up.” But wait, there was more. “Super rare Autometer 3 guage pod in carbon fibre” . I can see in the pic that the passanger door looks all fucked up at the fender. Then there is the bullshit paragraph at the end designed to show up when people search that is longer then the write up for the car. Did you really look at that ad well???