Crazy intense lightning right now

I at work at the Ralph and theres has been non stop heat lightning for the last half hour and it is still going strong. Looks like it is towards Angola/Eden. It’s is pretty bad ass!

lightning gives me roid rage!11!!!

take pics, heat lightning is fucking sweet.

There’s some killer stormage going on in Northern PA according to the radar.

^yup

We were just out watching this too… south of amherst, quite a ways away / up there is some wicked sheet lightning.

all of the storm is to the south, Jamestown at closest.

Looks like the midwest band is already dispersing, wont be much to it by the time it gets here tomorrow. :frowning:

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=buf&product=N0R&overlay=11101111&loop=no

Hemroid rage?

This is endurance lightning. It is in for the long haul.

ohio floodage happen today, it was nuts, 6-8 in water down main, stuck in traffic, had to find the one right way out of the city to avoid all underpasses as they where inpassable. i have video and pictures il post them up later. and yes its lighting flash atleast every sec sometimes more.

There is no such thing as heat lightning. You were seeing lightning flashes from a long distance away.

http://www.weatherquestions.com/What_is_heat_lightning.htm

This has been today’s science lesson.

So let me get this straight. Their is no such thing as heat lightning but this article clearly provides a definition for the term, although it is a misrepresentation for what it is describing and is improperly used. According to that link there actually is such a thing called “heat lightning” but it the name is improperly associated with what it is describing.

So thank you Dr. JayS. You had me thinking I made up a term.

Waiting for an asinine comment from sureshot that somehow connects to steroids

I was actually in Buff and saw this. Pulled over into a park and hung out for a while to watch. It was very awesome looking.

http://www.theweatherprediction.com/habyhints/274/

Little more in-depth on lightening with inaudible thunder.

haha fag, the roids are going to your brain dude, quit pinning yourself and read something sometime

I was down in Ellicottville last night and it was cool to watch.

And there it is!

uhh huh…

Heat lightning is a name given to a flash in the night sky that occurs when there is a lightning-producing thunderstorm very far away from the observer.

HEAT LIGHTNING IS DEFINED AS FAR AWAY LIGHTNING sounds like a definition to me. :gotme:

Kind of like: THESAURUS IS A NAME GIVEN TO A LINGUISTIC TOOL THAT RELATES WORDS BY MEANINGS would also be a definition…

So, I’m saying that You’re saying that there is no such thing as a thesaurus.

Of note: “define:intelligent design” yields “The idea that an intelligent designer played a role in some aspect of the evolution of life on earth, usually the origin of life itself. Generally, a thinly disguised version of scientific creationism.”

So, there what you’re saying is that intelligent design IS NOT REAL???

and, finally, define:RIGHT WING ELITIST… no results?

:slight_smile: