Cross Country move: Experienced opinions needed.

lol beck…

Meh… we’ll see what the pod folks say… and i’ll go from there.

Buying an enclosed trailer and towing my shit. Selling the trailer once I am out there. Done.

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

Too add clarity to this, the people I talked to at PODs wouldn’t want to have a motorcycle in their ( I told them I would drain all fluids and pull the gas tank, but still no bueno) and they couldn’t get below 2500. Fuck that.

I knew they would be a little skeptical on the motorcycle, but damn…$2,500?! I know it has been mentioned, but how about shipping some things on pallets with shrink wrap?

Nah dude, I really don’t have a ton of shit and I am confident that the trip won’t be terrible with the trailer. I am checking one out NEW in Attica tomorrow, if I like it I will be installing a hitch and harness on the subie and picking it up next week.

Once I am out there, as mentioned before, I will be selling the Subaru within the year and I have space for the trailer to stay until I sell it as well. Done.

New brakes and an oil change are a give-in for the drive. This may hinder a few sight seeing spots, but fuck it. The focus is getting there and I know it will be an enjoyable experience regardless.

yeah thats why i went with the 16ft box truck and car trailer rental ($1200)

both bikes, all my belongings and my car in one shot.

see you soon :tup:

:tup:

Depending on your timing, maybe pull the bike out and take a few hours here and there along the way to check some shit out?

Shit when are you moving? I’ll be in Buffalo in August with my truck and can tow the trailer to Houston if you want. At least it’d be half way there for you.

Hell yeah, great idea!

Move date: July 29th ill start driving.

towing trailer really isnt bad at all…lot of pansies on here it seems.

:tup: and goodluck on the move. my buddy moved across country over winter. took whatever he could fit in the car and put his bike on a bike rack and went. anything else was left behind.

This trailer is SO nice. Just need to install some D rings for strapping the scoot down, and i’ll be off!

Edit: I may actually keep this trailer long term… lol

How much does the empty trailer weigh? You’re already sagging pretty badly. I suspect once that thing is loaded down, you’re going to regret this option.

lol, trailers not even connected. All subaru’s have the booty sag. I just backed up to see where the hitch height needed to be.

It’s a done deal dude… as long as she makes it :eek:

Make it a real adventure and give BigTex a whirl :tup:

?

lol youre going to look like all the wanna be pre runner trucks you see here

lol I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

Mad camber yo?

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

Oh, and speaking of crazy rally trucks, I was just out there and they are EVERYWHERE… pretty rad

BigTex= gooseneck trailer in background of your picture

Wouldn’t that be awesome? I’ll probably shred both back tires and grenade both wheel bearings as it is. WE’LL SEE!

oh lol