Cross Country move: Experienced opinions needed.

It took me about a year to adjust to Milwaukee (and my corporate-y America job). And then 6 months later I moved to metro Detroit. I never really missed Buffalo, but I do miss Milwaukee. Very kind people there.

Overall, I’m thankful for the experiences I’ve gained through relocating. It’s still a huge pain at times, but such is growth.

Bump…didn’t want to start a whole new thread.

The GF is making the move down here in early September and we are looking for a full service relocation company. I used a combo of a Pod and my car to get my crap here, but between not having much help and having a lot more stuff, we will need actual movers.

Has anyone used an actual relocation company recently? We are in touch with several companies, but would of course like opinions!

Thanks!!!

When I moved down south, we pretty much shitcanned everything and started up again with home items from Ikea.

It was much cheaper than shipping stuff across the country.

We basically put all the important stuff into my Grand Marquis, and my wife’s Matrix and we drove it down.

Everything else got unloaded in the weeks before on craigslist, or given to friends/family.

I could see moving it if you have top dollar furniture or whatever, but we had junk so it went to the trash can.

For 2-3 grand we pretty much outfitted our house with new stuff from ikea. Bed/Mattress/Desks/Tables/etc…

I got down here and bought the couch and recliner from Lazboy.

The only way I see it making sense, if you get a smoking deal on PODS or ABF U Pack, etc.

/thread

PS… I can’t believe I’ve been out here in SoCal for over 2 years, damn.

time flies when you arent counting the days until the snow stops

Woot day 4 in so Cal complete! My vote is to throw out as much as possible and start over.

Welcome to the big show. Hit me up if you feel like heading down to San Diego proper some time

When I moved across the country we used United Movers. The husband/wife loaders/drivers were awesome! The packers that the local placed used to box up most of my stuff, SUCKED! And by sucked, I mean took a full sugar bowl and just wrapped it in paper and threw it into a moving box… so when I unpacked there was sugar EVERYWHERE in the box.

Otherwise I still have the trucker’s card and will use them again when we move across the country again.

I think the bill was ~8k to move a 4bd house from Cheektowaga to SLC. That was them packing/moving everything, then us unpacking at the far end. But then again this was just over 4 years ago, so I don’t know how prices are now.

ill be in SD this weekend (as I am pretty much every weekend) if you fools wanna meet up or something
@Joe @travisn @maxwell

The girl unfortunately does have nice stuff worth moving…making it a slight pain. I think she has a walkthrough with United scheduled for early next week, so hopefully their price is right!

I’m outtie this weekend @xwalker

Friend in town and brother flying in Sunday.

Forgot the last X in his name.

XXX

OH GAWD THE WORLD IS ENDING
@XwalkerX

…it makes me wanna FART!

Oh damn dude, memories from the meme master