cupholder~~

hey guys, do any of you use those cupholders they sell at canadian tire and walmart? the one that says like “type R” or whatever on the sides…i bought one a few days ago and returned it today cuz it doesnt hold anything lol…either that or mine just sucked…but the vents in the s13s arent designed to hold these properly… any ideas for cup holders? only thing i’ve heard was using the ash tray by puttin like an empty roll of duct tape ther, but that would interfere in my shifting no?

get the JDM cupholders… lol

take them from an altima (the jelly bean looking one). I think they use a 1/2 din hide away holder that with a little work you could likely bolt into you radio/din bracket

i have one out of tercel that i am going to put somewhere. not sure where but ill figure it out. it pops out with 2 good cupholders.

I’ve been meaning to do this in my 240 however I’ve always wondered if there will be enough clearance if you mount it where the OEM pocket is. (Shifter to cup ratio might be a little high)

well i bought a dash mounting kit, i think i’d be able to fit the cupholder in there with it…but yea, i’m worried about the clearance with the shifter…this isnt a problem?

omg where did you get a Type R cupholder from? I’ve been looking for one. Pm me, thanks.

no it actualy works very nicely. ill post up some pics of mine when i get around to it.

just take out ur ash tray works very well

seen a couple people that bought a simple cup holder from canadian tire and screwed it in the center console…so when you flip it up you got a cup holder…seems to work pretty good i guess depending on how you put it in

problem is what if you smoke? then ur screwed in the rain, snow cold ect…

this would be nice if you know where to find one
http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=233400

hmm, yea i dont want to screw anything into my dash lol which years from the Altima did the cupholders come(that are good to usein the s13)…

and in the manual for the dash mounting kit, it shows “extra” accessories to buy, and one is a cupholder(1/2 DIN), this sound slike a good idea as well, is this the same thing as the altima one? 1/2 a DIN size?

and how much do the altima cupholders go for used? just a good idea so i dont go overpaying for it…

I think din sizes are pretty standard (just like decks are single din slot) if thats the case you could probably get any pull out single/half din cupholders to work inside the 240sx I would guess. Something like this might.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Taurus-Sable-Saab-DIN-coin-cup-holder-dash-cupholder_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ63691QQihZ012QQitemZ220103294749QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

But then again even the JDM 180sx pull out din cupholder hinders shifting abit your hand will still hit the cupholder while shifting, can still shift fine your hand will just hit.

I got something like this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RARE-JDM-NISSAN-DIN-CUP-HOLDER-240sx-s13-s14-z32-300zx_W0QQitemZ180108279830QQihZ008QQcategoryZ33695QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Pics?

TIA

oh hell ill go take some now. check back in an hour.

and whats TIA lmao

wouldn’t your drink spill since its tilted a bit

depends how you drive, if u put ur finger over the breather hole in the top of a tims cup u can turn them upside down and they wont spill so im guna go with no…