d16y8 transmission problem/question

somethings wrong with my transmission. i have a 99 civic ex 5 speed d16y8. I need to know if i just need a new clutch or i its something else.

Heres what happens:

i’ll just be cruising along and if i floor my car the rpm’s go up but i dont go any faster. Sooo do i just need a new clutch or what?

Sorry im a stupid noob

need a new clutch bro

if you keep slipping it you may need a flywheel too. Too much heat or some clutches have rivets that get worn into and ruin the flywheel too

it is a built in ricer rev. it is standard on all obd2 hondas.

hahahaha i forgot about them damn obd2 cars

does anyone know the average clutch life for a civic

seen anywhere from 500miles to 200k on clutches. it all depends on how it is driven.

but sounds like you need a new clutch

im currently at 216k on the clutch in my civic. dont slip but im noticing the clutch master is losing fluid somewhere. ill just keep toping it off until it blows out.

I got a Steel braded flex hose (the one down my the Slave) for that car. $25

i imagine it would work for a b swap too? because once the engine or tranny goes the gsr is goin it.

Yea its the same slave. I picked it up because I thought it was the entire line from the master to the slave. I got it and was dissapointed.( I bought 2 of them)

Let me know if/when you need it. Its not going anywhere.

-Joe

ironic

Ask Boynez21, he has the same car.

i think it is the clutch, but you could have glazed it. either way the problem is the clutch.