Daily Driver Automatic Sedan

Looking to buy a car for my wife. Not in a rush but we are ready to buy if the right car comes along. She prefers imports, must be automatic, must be a sedan (small or mid-size). Ideally looking around $2500-$4000. If you have anything, please post or PM me. Thanks!

edit- I should also mention that although I live in Syracuse, I’m in Buffalo at least once a month so it’s not a problem for me to check out cars in the WNY area.

edit 2- The only manual cars that could be considered are MK4 Jettas, Golfs, and GTIs. Also, if anyone is interested in a partial trade, I have a 1998 Integra hatchback that I can put some cash on top of.

bump, should be in Buffalo next weekend

anyone?

Im in the same boat…there’s literally NOTHING out there. And what is out there is over priced.
I saw a 1998 Accord with 150k+ on it that was in a front end accident and they were asking something like $4000. It still needed a bumper, hood, grill etc
WTH

GL man

Yeah it’s certainly rough going. I’m fortunate enough to have a decent 98 Integra as a DD for her right now (albeit some tranny issues) but she’s ready for something with 4 doors. Definitely have to agree with ya though, everything I come across is over priced or beat to hell.

$2500 really is a TOUGH price point to be looking in. $4500 is about the lowest you would want to go for a DD for the wifey.

Yeah I know it’s tough, but there could be a house in our future before the end of this year so I’m trying to keep that in mind. If that doesn’t come to fruition then I’ll open up the budget a bit. That being said I would be willing to go north of $3k for the right car.

If u plan on selling the teg let me know
Depending the price/condition I might jump back into one

You’re not going to want it being autotragic. Would be a good auto to manual swap candidate though since it only has 111k miles. I plan to put it up once we find her a new DD.

convince her to drive stick and pick up the purple DSM a few posts down for $2k, ive been looking for something for a friend who wants a cheap Honda and haven’t found anything.

I’ll get her to learn stick but for now she only wants an automatic. I’m actually considering looking at that talon for myself.

Might be out there, but Mazda Millenias are cheap cars no one really looks at mainly because they forgot about them, but are pretty solid cars.

^^Thanks we have spotted a couple but I’m not sure if she particularly cares for the styling. The later models were really nice, earlier ones kinda meh but they are definitely few and far between.

I just put my Jetta up for sale… http://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/2980302151.html

^^Appreciate the offer but we had a nightmare of a time with her old 1.8T Passat. I’m sure that wouldn’t be the case with yours since it appears to have been well cared for but if she’s gonna go back to VW it will not be a 1.8T.

98 Subaru Forester w/137k on it and remote start w/blizzaks on rims and summer rims/tiers oem. 2500 firm. Just paid 1000 for new gas tank and filler neck to be installed.

Thanks but she’s not fond of the looks, not really a wagon person either (although I don’t know if you would really call it a wagon or not).

unsure how flexible he is on price or how high you can go but a buddy is selling this

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/2980302151.html

Might also want to look at mistubishi galants?

I wasn’t trying to bust balls, and I knew that’s not how you took it. Houses are expensive, uggggg