damn misfire gallore

def ignition, do you have a scanner? pop the hood, run car till warm, spray engine with hose, watch scanner real time to see which cylinder is missing. diagnose from there. i’d start with that butchered coil pack first though. could be wires too… i highly doubt ONE coil pack missing like that would shut you down so bad on the highway…

If it’s a coil pack, usually it’ll throw the code for that particular cylinder. My guess is a plug wire.

50$ for stock replacement from advanced/.

exactly…

yes, I have a scanner/tuner./…I have HP Tuners

however, not sure how I feel about the hose in my engine bay while the car is running. I wont be doing that lol

its alot more then one coil pack.

as of right now, I do not believe theirs any grease in the boots…I havent checked it since after my car went and got the cam in, but I doubt he put any on them and they are stock wires with 60k.

use a spray bottle with water…

its not going to hurt anything other than causing watever problem to arrise again and then go away when it drys out

All plugs have rings/seals in them for a reason

So get new wires and get grease for them.

if theres any type of micro splice in th wire somewhere from wear/heat even if their not getting wet moiture in the air can cause problems.

Start with wires go frmo there

a guy that works for thunder racing posted this in my thread on ls1tech…

“Check the harness that goes down along the passenger inner fender well to your O2 sensors. Its common for the heat from the headers to damage the insulation on these wires. Pull them out of the loom and check for contact between the wires. Rain tends to exagerate this problem.”

this makes alot of since, so I will check it out.

i dont have any di-electric grease on my plugs/ ignition leads or coils. no issues for me.and contrary to popular belief the GTI was my daily driver for a year or so, saw plenty of rain, no issues with moisture. toyota does either. im willing to bet youve either got a bad WIRE or a coil is acting up. nothing related to the use of dielectric grease

do plugs, wires and throw a scan tool on it while the ses light is flashing… find out what cylinder it is if it still does it and swap coil packs to see if the mis-fire follows the coil pack or if it stays with the cylinder

well I bought some grease today…

I have never used it before either and had a issue but this engine bay is alot more open and prone to moisture more then my V6 was.

its more then 1 cylinder…it feels like its all of them.

its a random misfire and it only does it when im driving…SES doesnt flash at idle.