Dan wheldon Indy crash.

was watching this and this happened…pretty sad for the guy.

RIP

RIP Just watched the final 5 laps, so sad.

Yep. Turned the Bills game off once I knew they lost and found this. Open wheel racing really amps up the risk level. RIP

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

+1 rip

yikes what a horrific crash

I typically don’t watch Indy, but was making food and swapped over after the Bills game to this happening. Probably the worst wreck I’ve ever seen. RIP, Wheldon was a great racer.

i was just about to post this… tv coverage videos out

https://youtu.be/Sn08nh7zoto

Nothign definitive in that video though of Weldon in particular.

3:45 is redic… i dont think it’s Weldon though… that dude is lucky he didnt die though… jeez

Open wheel cars have always seemed like bad news to me.

That is Will Power, last word is that he is okay in the hospital.

It’s real eerie that they focused on him just seconds before the accident. The other thread has some more info for you.

RIP Dan Wheldon

RIP Dan

Wild wreck. Death = :tdown:

rip.

damn.

I watch indy and formula 1 non stop. To see someone that is in every race you watch vanish liKe that is pretty heart breaking. RIP dan.

Not to split hairs, but he was only on the grid for 3 races this year…

Generally speaking for anyome who passes away in a race. But you are right. Its still unfortunite.

CNN said he was in line for $5M purse if he won… was that for anyone?? i assumed he was in the lead for the points but i dont follow Indy since Paul Tracy isnt in it anymore :slight_smile:

Tracy is still in it, he was involved in that crash.

The 5MM purse was ONLY for Wheldon if he won the race and he had to start from last on the grid. The purse would have bee split between him and a fan, he was also set for a full time ride next year.

Pastrana was originally set to take part as well, but had to pass on the event after shattering his leg earlier this year.

The new chassis for next season onward is also specifically setup in side pod and win design to help prevent this sort of accident.

Obviously if you just blast off the back of someone on throttle you’re still going to go front to rear and launch, but it should help prevent some of the smaller impact/lift situations.

one thing I’ll never understand is, how come so many pieces of shit get to live a full life… and so many good people have their lives cut short.

RIP. Crazy crash… people can blame whatever, but in the end, it’s motorsports, there’s a reason why drivers get paid well…it’s dangerous, shit happens fast. again, RIP.