Darkstar had better pack his bags, eat his wheaties, and head south

To land the account taking care of this bad boy.

thats pimp

It is pretty cool, but why salt water?

neat but so damn pointless

It’s free.

Neat, but pointless.

Like every post you make Douche Bigelow.

:blue: I’m here all week

when salt is passed through an electrical stream it turns into sodium chloride. aka chlorine. a pool that size would require a Olympic sized pools of liquid chlorine to keep it clear. Logistically it would almost HAVE to be salt water.

Seems logical enough.

i never met you, but seen people kid about you being a pool boy. what exactly do you do in the aquatic industry??? i managed a health club in greentree for a few years and had to get my cpo to work there…

Actually, salt (NaCl) is already sodium chloride.

Chlorine is chlorine without the sodium attached.

You probably don’t want free sodium mixing with water under non-controlled circumstances, either.

I won’t tell your customers…

Just got owned by what…6th grade science class!!!

2 Na + 2 H2O -----> 2 NaOH + H2 = a extremely exothermic reaction which melts the sodium(melting point is 97.8 °C), heat transfers to the hydrogen which is produced in the reaction and woosh…flame-tastic water

Thats one very big…and very hot jacuzzi

lol sorry I was half drunk when I posted that. I meant it turns the salt into sodium hypochlorite. aka liquid chlorine aka bleach.

holy shenanigans.

I own/operate a swimming pool service/management company in Ocean City. We sell chemicals, do service work, and manage condominium pools that have no staff to take care of them. I actually just landed the premier community down there. $40,000 contract, 2 lifeguards, etc, so all is looking well this summer!

Salt water is better for your skin and totally free. The Ocean takes care of keeping it clean so instead of having ridiculous maintenance costs and chemical agents for a 9900000000900 gallon pool, they can just recirculate it back out into the ocean. That seems a lot easier to me.

The same concept is used in pools and hot-tubs on cruise ships.

I highly doubt it’s just Ocean water with no sort of filtration or disenfection, but I could be wrong. :dunno:

id pee in it

I was thinking the same thing about sexywhitechick

:bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: