Daytime runnin light and Foglight rewire for V's

Well, I was on the V Board the other day when I saw a Yellow Spec V with just it’s Foglights on and I just knew that I had to rewire my foglights so that my Spec V could do that too, and then I thought to myself “Well if I am doing the foglights I might as well rewire the DTRL so that I don’t have them any more” So I started looking around about how to do it and it was incredibly easy to do and now I have complete control over all of my lights, If I want the parking lights on I can just have them on, if I want just my foglights on I can just have them on, anywho I thought that I would post up the links here to let other fellow Spec V owners to do the same if they feel the need to have the options that I now do. so here they are; this is for the removal of the day time running lights (literally a 5 min. job):
http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=38435&highlight=Daytime+Running+lights

Now here are the links to do the fog lights:
http://www.serboard.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=40
(this is basically the only link someone needs to do this mod, the other link just tells you how to gain access to the purple and gray wire on the foglight module, but basically all you have to do is take out the screw holding the coolant tank down, and then remove the two screws/bolts holding the fuse box in the engine bay and unclip the four clips holding down the top part of the fuse box and “Bam!” you have access to the module wires.) Then all you have to do is cut the purple and gray wire take a piece of 12-18 gauge wire and connect it to the wire still attached to the module and run it through the fire wall (there is a plug that comes out and run it to one of the fuses) Well it may seem kind of like a ghetto rig but it works awesome and you will be the only one who knows that you’ve done this mod if you did it cleanly.

Well enjoy the mod if you have an hour of time and want to do it.

http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=83421&highlight=Daytime+Running+lights

Here is another link that has more pictures about how to do the foglight rewire, but I recommend just ignoring how to do the rewire on this site and use the first link for the instructions on how to do it and just use this one for the additional pictures.

Again Enjoy

I did my foglight rewire this winter. I wanted the extra ground light on the highway with the highbeams on. Works like a hot damn with my Silverstars.

Did you do the DTRL as well?

Hell no. I couldn’t care less about DRLs.

Oh well, It’s like a 5 min mod, but hey if you like not being able to use your parking lights thats cool

i’m about to do this mod, why would it mess with my parking lights?

No, there are two mods that you can do, one allows you to turn on your foglights anytime you want and the other removes your DTRL’s so then you can use your parking lights, if you turn on your parking light’s with DTRL you have the parking lights (the yellows) on and the DTRL’s, if you remove the DTRL you can turn on you parking lights without the DTRL (obviously). So it doesn’t mess with em you just can actually use them for what they are there for.

Hey Rob how are you likeing the new re-wired lights?

Just did this on my moms X-Trail, looks sweet with the Fogs the Highbeams and the Roof lights all on 8)

ahh nice nice, thats dope that is carry’s ovder to the xtrail as well