De-tailers

Well, my car is looking pretty soft these days due to long hours and no love.

After getting a quote of ~$400 for the job from one of the area pros I’ve decided I minus whale do it myself.

What is the new hottness in sex wax? I’d be looking for a good durable wax and polish for a white car and recommendations for PC pads to use with them :kiss:

I figure I’ll poke around autopia but would see what the crowd here was up to.

100 and ill do it

i LOVE the colinite 845 wax, VERY durable and excellent results. i highly suggest using menzerna polishes. i for one use a meguiars polishing pad.

here is my brothers car i did last weekend

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48815

Man I can’t wait to see my car after it’s been professionally detailed. The results on that Mustang were amazing and my paint is nowhere near that bad.

i just tried this stuff i like it i guess it takes a little while to get use to working with it since its thick

Colinite 845 is good and Durable, but remember, its all in the prep, not the wax.

Klasse sealant has worked great for me in the past, its just kind of a pita to work with, and for some reason KSG looks really good on some cars and meh on others.

It would cost you more in gas to get here…

Exactly. If you normally wash your car then just slap a coat of was on there you will hate 845. The all in one waxes have some light polishing/cleaning ability so they can lift some residue from clearcoat. 845 has zero cleaning ability and won’t even lift a light water spot. You use 845 when you’ve already clayed and polished the car and want something to go on top of already perfect paint to protect it and give it a gloss.

I have an appointment to have my car done May 30th and my quote was $400-$500 :frowning:

Ehh I just washed/waxed my car in the past week with different waxes

last week I used Miguers (sp? im lazy) nano-wax and it was decent, but didnt seem to last very long

Weds I used Colinite and here we are Friday and it is still looking great and baby-ass smooth.

Granted my car is only 1 month old, but it does have some fallout/rail metal I can see, but the waxing did a good job of removing some of that

I like the colinite a little bit more because it is harder to remove, requiring a little more buffing action on my part

Collinite’s 845 wax is pretty rediculous as far as durability goes its actually on my car right now. For sealant I liked this Pinnacle XMT stuff I bought last year a lot but I don’t think they make it anymore, I think it turned into their XMT 360 all in one product.

Thoughts on this process? For a white screwbaru

1. Wash
  2. Clay
  3. Wash
  4. Optimum Polish Compound w/ PC and ??? pad
  5. Collinite 845 (on by hand, off by PC?)

Do I need to top the Collinite with anything?

NO YOU WON’T

fuck. before you reply. think.

He’s talking a real detail. which included buffing. Anyone who is really good with buffing/polishing won’t take less than $200 a car. It’s just not worth it.
it’s a ton of work and it is a skill.

I always applied wax with my pc on a real low speed. goes a lot faster and goes on even.

good shit.

that looks good, i do not top the 845 with anything, i do it all by hand as well, on and off

guess this is kind of on topic… as the other question seemed answered…

What about interior? I need to wash the seats in my car… (think 200K miles with 3 kids (previous owner)) what shampoo to use on the cloth seats?

I personally am not a fan of optimum polish, I feel like it takes forever to break down with a PC.

If you are willing to spend the cash get some Menzerna SIP and 106ff, you will have great results.

meh, $50/qrt? I will likely use 1/4 of that before it goes bad

Other suggestions?

not in reply to this post: Souveran is P21S. It’s made by the same company.

I’ve had the best results with a Mixture of Klasse AIO and Klasse SG (1:3) (or Jeffs Werkstatt). It seems to offer the durability of SG with the ease of use of AIO. Collinite is durable, but not as durable as this mixture. Opti-Seal is good, but expensive. If you want to spend the money, by all means. I usually mix SG with water as a spray wax.

The best spray wax/quick detailer I have found in stores is Mothers FX Synwax, with Durashine Aquawax a close second.

I think I’d use AIO after every polish and before waxing if I had infinite amounts of time. It prepares the paint for sealant and wax very well.

I liked the Lake Country concave (variable contact?) pads when I had a PC.I liked the Lake Country concave (variable contact?) pads when I had a PC.

As for polishing- depending on your paint you may want to do two polishing steps. I would use Mezerna Intensive Polish with a yellow cutting/polishing pad, and Mezerna FPII with a white pad (or any “light polishing”, softer pad).

There’s really very little reason to remove wax via PC. I find that applying wax with a buffer is a great idea, as the wax is applied evenly and lightly. Use a very soft pad, usually blue or gray.

This has really bad syntax. Apologies. I have class in 10 minutes and no time to fix this.

www.autogeek.net

use coupon code autopia for 10% off… or i BELIVE corevetteforum.com or somethign like that is 15% off, but i dont know if that was a special or not

i just ordered this:

http://www.autogeek.net/pixmtinswrek.html

Qty Code Product Name Price

1 LC-43-148DA 6’’ D.A. Hook & Loop Flexible Backing 18.99
1 XMT-9100-CCS XMT Intermediate Swirl Remover Complete 85.00
1 XMT-6000 12 oz. XMT Polishing Pad Conditioner 12.99
1 autopia 10% savings -11.70

Sub-Total:     105.28
                                                 Tax:       0.00
                                 Shipping & Handling:      16.99

TOTAL:     122.27