best wax for the money !

So since my cars is getting fresh paint i want some good wax to keep it looking good. What do you suggest for the money ??

Souveran is kinda pricey at 95 bucks
how about mequirs ICE ?

anything else worth it ?

Ive heard alot of good reviews about the new turtle wax-ICE Products, i personally have never used it, but everyone i know who does, loves it.

Id stay far away from turtle wax products…

I would join up at autopia or somewhere and start doing some learning on quality products :slight_smile:

I just use meguirs gold class

well i Hated there old line of wash/wax. i used it once and it left really shitty results(swirl marks and such) But…they completely changed there attitude with the ICE…So i hear… again i could be wrong, i havent used it yet

i liked my mequires tech 2.0 wax. But since im getting fresh paint i wanna step it up and keep the shine. So i might go the souvren kit and use the left over on my dad chevelle n vette. For winter i always use Turtle wax paste and nothing works better for shitty weather.

:stupid:

I’ve had great luck with teh sonus products from autopia. They have a kind of basic package for about 100 that comes with various restore, polishes, a GREAT carnauba wax, a clay bar kit, and a detailing spray… and of course a few microfiber towels and such.

Collinite’s Insulator Wax

X947585463

Collinite is the best wax I have ever used. I bought a meguires package last year, used it once and threw the whole thing away. Needless to say, I won’t use anyhting but Collinite.

Collinite is good … & cheap. But once you use a higher grade product like Pinnacle its hard to go back. Pinnacle isn’t that bad in price, that 8oz lasts forever. I have been hooked on Wolfgang Fuzion that is $200 for 8oz.

I think you are nuts Russ, Meguiars is good over the counter stuff, about the best in your big box stores… I use some of the professional line stuff, mainly the hi tech wax #26 and show car glaze #7, also Ultimate quick detailer is awesome, and they have a new Ultimate quick wax that is supp to be a good spray wax, the interior detailer is tits too.

I like P21S Products too…

Just becareful if someone on here with a PhD and a badass Z06 tries to sell you his home formulated wax :rofl:

3M Show care wax here

I think your best choice is to just drop your car off with SleeperGTP :smiley:

thats what we did with the civic and the thing still shines, even when you run it thru the wash in the winter with salt all over it, it shines back up like a brand new car now. I know it needed clayed real bad.
we gotta drop it off again once we know winter is gone.

I have been using Zaino since 1999. Love the stuff.

Collinite’s Insulator Wax… period.

SleeperGTP…Period

He’s just looking for wax to keep up with it, not for a full detail every time he wants to wash it.

:rofl: serisously. especially since mike is in Baltimore too

driving to pittsburgh for his detail is worth it :smiley: