best wax for the money !

On-Topic (1 Viewing)
Serious Discussions and debates not related to Automobiles. Forum Rules are strictly enforced. No Post whoring, flaming, thread hijacking or smart ass replies.

or

astro shield- polish

not to be confused with astroglide bitches

Bluez06 can make you some.

Meg’s Gold Class is decent for the money.

I still love Meg’s #26 Yellow Wax. Stuff is great for $12.

pig snot, its a biker wax but i use it on everything you can get it online or at ost harley dealers

unreal results after about 5 hours elbow grease…

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41NY3uaScZL.jpg

[quote=berad;758957]unreal results after about 5 hours elbow grease…

unreal…

http://image.superchevy.com/f/8989288/0606sc_03_z+car_waxing_basics+mothers_clay_bar_kit.jpg

As Berad is pointing out, a good claying will really make a difference on how the paint shines(and feels). Mothers makes great products, as does Meguirs. I use the Zaino because it is really easy to use, does not generate all that white residue and lasts 4-5 months per application. Plus, the shine is superb.
But i always keep an open mind and don’t mind trying new products.(thats how i found Zaino) I have never heard of Collinite insulator wax, but i am going to get a bottle and try it out to see how it compares. I may even do a comparison with 2 of my cars, using each wax, to see which one performs better this spring/summer. Might prove interesting.

I just washed my car and it still beads water, I haven’t waxed it since August.

Is it garaged or does it sit outside 24/7?

mine sits outside ! and i live in baltimore ! so show car shine isnt necessary but a better than average wax is what im looking for. Where do you get this collite stuff ?

I’ve seen it at Trader Horn and Advance Auto Parts, and once at Pep Boys.

Franks Auto Supermarket… I prefer the Paste wax from Collinite… There are some liquid forms of it… I don’t have the can in front of me now so I can’t get you a number on it…It is a work out putting it on and taking it off… but it is worth it…

http://www.colliniteautomotive.com/products.htm#liquid845

#845 is the insulator wax and #476 is the Paste wax… Both good stuff

Went to Trader Horn and picked up a bottle of the 845 Insulator wax. In a few weeks, i am going to clay both my Scion and my Caliber. I am going to put the Collinite on the Caliber and Zaino on the Scion, and see which holds up better. Both cars will stay outside and both are driven often. Both are dark colors. Both will receive an equal number of washings. This might be interesting. Then again, it might not prove anything, but WTF, i will try it and see what happens. I’ll start a new thread when i do.

I used to use collonite on my truck. Been a while since I used it.

Anyone have any input on what wax to use on Laquer paint??

The Laquer on the GTO is so delicate. I want something that will protect it more. I have waxed it with pig snot (not overly happy with how it turned out). I have been using the pig snot on my bike for a few years with excellent results. I only use glaze on my truck, but the BC/CC is much more durable than the Laquer.

Also, I forgot Poorboy’s Natty Blue. Awesome stuff. You’ll probably have to order it though, doubt it could be found at a store.

I’ve bought poorboys great stuff.

Autoality in Monroeville Mall may have it…

I just go to the Mr. Magic car wash and get the more expensive wash with the wax in it.

Death before drive-through.

I just used a quarter car wash for the first time ever Saturday, but the only reason I did is because the paint on my 633 is shit to begin with. Never would even considered taking my Jeep or Audi through one… they beat the piss out of your paint.

Not a drive through, a pay and spray for the record.