Drive threw car washes !!

ok guys post here if drive threw car washes are good or not…

ive personally rather wash it my self ive had my car dinged so many times with thos damn things i gave up a long time ago anyone else?

I’ve personally used drive through car wash many times before (touchless) as I never had time to hand wash it. But I was reading some car paint care forum and realized that they do more damage than I would have thought.

Chemicals are really strong in touchless carwash and might cause paint to wear faster.

So now I always hand wash it…

Yea I would never go through a car wash in a car I cared about, even a touchless one can do a lot of damage like pointed out above.

hand wash by ME only. Well, i’m planning to get a detailer to polish up my car to get rid of some swirls next year, but yea, basically i’m the only person that washes my car. And I lay on PLENTY of Zaino! Gotta love that stuff! :H

Zaino? whats that? is it a car wax? i’ve never heard of it

ya that zaino stuff is a good car wax, i still like my ice tho i love it

meguiars stuff is pretty good too, srry to jack ur thread but does any1 know good tire dressing? ive tried most stuff it either leaves too much run off and not enuff of that shine

i like nxt from meguires… works great the polish is the best ive used and tire stuff pretty much anything meguires nxt rocks… bit expensive butworth every penny lol nxt or ntx to lazy to go check… one of thos tho… works awsome.

I got so much different shit for my car…

RainX Car wash soap
Turtle Wax polish (with chipguard)
Mother’s Paint Sealant
Meguirs NXT Next Tech Wax

As for tires… I dont really care since I drift most of them off -_-…

im lazy and i just use the esso touchless car washes cuz thats the only thing without tracks. but then im on my 4th paint job so i guess i shuold start caring about my paint more hehe

The Meguiars spray-on stuff (I think its called Hot Shine or something like that) is the best I have used. It doesnt run too much (enough to get everything on the tire though) and stays glossy for a fairly long time.

i heard ppl use motor oil and that works? is this true ?

O boy, I’m going to have to throw a detailing clinic here.

Touchless automatic washes are hit or miss in terms of their chemical makeup of their soaps. Unfortunately, most will reduce the durability of sealants/waxes. (Especially the cheap ones)

> Zaino is a pure sealant. They have an intricate system, involving multi-step process if encompasing their entire line. However, mixing any other products that are not in their line will seriously compromise it’s effectiveness and results.
It’s arguably the most durable product on the market, but it’s price reflects that. The product is a like or hate in terms of the ‘look’ on a car. I haven’t used it before, but it does look good on certain colors, with a hard-to-beat durability.

I personally can’t justify buying this line, as I can’t stand not doing ‘something’ to my cars, and I constantly find myself testing new combinations/products-- this leads me into stripping all previous layers of protection, and effectively negating any benefits of Zaino.

On a daily, driver, this is a product line that I would highly recommend, but there are many other lines that are more cost-effective, and offer similar protection and appearance. I’ve only tried their Z16 tire dressing, and if you’re looking for a low-bling, matte shine, this is your product. (Pricey though)

>> Eah. Ice has been confirmed to have next to nil durability. (Off after a few rain showers.) They’re formulated to be easy-on, easy-off for the general consumer in mind. Durability is hence sacrificed. Good for a quick touchup, but definatly not a standalone protectant. Also, for the price, you can get quality waxes that just will murder ICE in terms of appearance(Wetness/reflections), and durability. Defiantly not the best choice in its price range IMO.

>> I use 303 aerospace protectant on my personal cars. I like it’s non-blingy appearance, as it offers low-matte finish. Most products will wash off after a rain-shower or too anyways, and leave you with the exact look of 303, soft-matte black. Nothing short of a dye will last. (For the most durable bling-look, look into Meguires High Endurance Gel-- I’ve heard great reviews on it, but I don’t like the greasiness of the product.) 303 is a product with a million uses in the interior dash, exterior trim, rubber seals, … the list goes on.

>> To be honest, I can’t comment on most of those products as I have no personal experience with it. Car washes generally are the same, not much difference between them. I personally use Meguires Gold Class in the bulk sizes from Costco. Great lubricity, slickness, and suds forever. I use a special car wash for my personal cars though. Defiantly not cheap, and intended for rinse-less washing, but it offers the safest way to wash your car. NXT is good from what I hear, the paste that is. Liquid form has mixed reviews, but the Paste version is probably one of the best over-the-counter (OTC) product. (Second to Duragloss)

Feel free to ask anymore questions. I am a detailer part time, and have ‘some’ experience with the majority of products. I can walk you through the any process when it comes to detailing. All statements are from my personal experience, and from other professionals in the business.

Computer crashed… sorry if this isn’t as comprehensive as you would like…

I can only speculate on the effects of motor oil on tires. Well, first off, there’s a risk of greasing your tires up… accident?

Anyways, I can only assume the tires will look nice for a bit. After that, the greasiness will only begin to attract dust and dirt. Longevity?-- no clue.

I guess it’s properties are akin to that of Peanut Butter on plastic trim. While it looks spectacular, the durability leaves something to be desired, and while looking good, it relies primarily on the oils to keep the trim looking good. With that, the oils attract a ridiculous amounts of dirt and dust. In that case (trim) dying is the only way to go on severely neglected trim.

Hope this deters you from trying motor oil on your tires!

Do you offer detailing services?

I need wash/clay/polish/sealant/wax before winter!!! Or any other necessities to make my paint more durable against salt/snow/ice…

if you do, please PM me some prices… thanks.

Yes, I do, and you’ve got PM.

You should post up prices for everyone, if willing, as I (and others perhaps) may be interested as well.

Oh, and what do you think of the Eagle One Nanowax (comes with the microfibre cloth)? I’ve had some success with that.

Cheers.

To be honest, what works for one person, may not work for others. Because I’ve had limited experience with that particular product, I won’t comment on it. With that said, Eagle One has some really nice products that are available locally.

I like their old version of “All Wheel Cleaner” (safe and effective), and their Wax-as-you-dry product is ‘good’ for those inbetween waxes as a booster.

If it works for you, keep using it. Pricing and services will come shortly, I just need to okay it with Zep first.

Good luck!

Either I wash it myself in one of those DIY places, or I’ll go through a touchless wash that’s NOT on rails. Never had a problem with these before.

me personaly im fine with the touchless car wash… ive always been using it the past couple years… im just lasy to wash :)…

sometimes i’ll go to a coin wash and do it myself for like $4-$6 and waste 5-10 minutes washing but thats only on a nice sunny hot day hahaha