[DEAL] A* Track Leather Starts @ $399

STG is doing A* closeouts, so tempted to get a spare suit…:ahh:ahh:rofl

Anyone shopping for one should really take a look, lots of choices between $399~$599. Not affiliated with STG in any shape or form, just wanted to share a deal.

Link for the lazy.
http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Categories.bok?category=Alpinestars+Leather+Suits

there are deals to be had thats for sure, I’d also see what Ridersdiscount had to offer in prices.

Personally if I can avoid getting more A* gear I will. They outsourced a lot of their suit work to China and taiwan. A few guys say their zippers now break and seams pop easy… I can attest to this myself.
I’m moving on to dainese, RS-Tachi, Rev it, sidi ect… Not to discourage anyone, but if you can afford to go better I would recommend it. Alpinestars is still good stuff just not what it used to be.

Soooooo tempting.

So is this junk and how much is it usually?

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=2747

Ehh just realized no back protection…

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=15575 Better? I probably will end up waiting to buy on. 400 was doable but 500 is pushing it right now. Then I need boots and gloves still…

I think I saw someone selling one of those suits used on WFOriders for 250 or something:ahh

Personally I would not buy used gear and will never recommend one to do so, but that’s just me.

What are you getting it for? and the OEM back is junk anyway even if the suit came with one, unless they are CE2 and is a full length back.

Personally I wouldn’t call it junk just because the fact that the it was on sale. Obviously I do not have that suit and have no experience crashing wearing it. I guess it all depends on your application. A $1500 suit when compare to $3000 suit is probably junk too.

I say just spend as much as you feel comfortable, cause I do believe in spending as much as you can on gear to minimize your risk of injury, IF you have an accident; even though I personally wore a $299 cheap suit myself…:rofl

IDK man picking up a 500 dollar pair of used boots for 200 is a steal IMO:excited

I just remembered I have to fix my A* zipper:Idiots

I just ride on the street now buy i’m looking to get to the track this summer.

Used gear has some drawbacks but for someone who is just starting out doing trackdays I think its acceptable. Kinda like how a new rider should buy a used bike instead of a new bike, because if you go down its not insanely expensive.

From a purely economical stand point, I would agree with you, but I would not draw a comparison between a riding a used bike and wearing used protective gear. Having said that, to each his own. I’ve witness many rider race with crashed leather and helmets, should they be doing that, probably not; but they do, so they will have to take that risk.

I guess may be for leather if you can visually see it in person and look at the condition that it has not been crashed and stitching is sound, then may be. but if you are spending $500 for a suit then why not just get a brand new one?

because I have seen some crazy good prices on gear that is normally 1,800 bucks going for 500 and the guy is selling it only because he is having a kid. So he has to sell all his toy’s
I love when racers have kids.:lol