Gear discussion

Thats why I wear these every ride.
http://www.bikersbuyit.com/Shops/bbieurope/contents/media/sidi-vortice-black.jpg

After market tires like Q2’s B16’s ect have an incredible amount of grip… stock tires SUCK! most new riders pay no mind to their tires and don’t realize how long it takes for them to even get remotely warm riding street. So I’d say cold tries lead to a majority of lowsides novice and experienced riders alike.

^ Yep

Wear these on every ride

http://lh5.googleusercontent.com/public/tgmS_gA-gZ8scePiKRJ_hwXuknoshHKsDuhQKegsr57H2W2w18t7GXE401LlYengNFcB4NHTTQ2adUzOWMBR-MbtSx126jsNgsRKxlWvUeuTWrPy57-__t8SBwTFd-IQciNnhgvSWnYe4LpczPO6PQ6tLxDiAlhujrgCEqsJNOpEneAKyTf4WuKXzMQQQzyvn-nst_vc033lDxgb5OdjIcbLULj6HzneGxYr1Ns

Seems like you got a step up on me, but the amount of money these things cost is outrageous :rofl

I’ve seen ebay knockoffs of the Vertigo’s for ~$150. I’m debating on it since I could compare them right up against the real thing here.

It would be interesting to see a comparison of the knock offs. but a waste of 150 bones if you ask me.

IF your looking for new boots go vortice you wont regret it. They squeak like hell that’s the only downer.

Can’t even find them at the moment.

Vortice are ~$500. Lots of loot to drop on a second pair of boots.

Problem is, if they are used as a daily they get quite worn out, and I don’t believe Sidi’s were ever intended to be used as such. Dirt gets stuck behind the rear clear plate, soles up front start to lose glue and overall they just get warn out.

I doubt I’d want to use $500 boots as dailys and I haven’t gotten to the track this past year at all so that would definitely be collecting dust as just a track boot.

Almost every part of the boot can be replaced even the sole that’s the beauty of it. I’ve been riding them for a year with a crash they are still in fantastic shape & I destroy boots on my rear sets with the way I ride. I killed my cowboy boots riding street :lol But these take a licking and keep on ticking.
These are great on street or track you wont need another pair of boots after these for years to come.:excited

Seriously sidi should pay me to talk about these boots.

I bought a pair of knockoff A* gloves (seller said they were real) and they were terrible. He let me return them and I bought the same ones but real, much better.

I have comparison pics if anyone wants to see?

post up dude, make people aware the knock offs are not worth wasting time on. Ironic the A* gloves are now made in china and so are the knock offs.

Just about every glove Ive ever had fell apart after a year no matter what price, from wear. I could find some pics.

Joe rocket, one year wore through leather, ripped tension strap, broke the clip, lost little pad pieces.

Astat Gp +, also wore through etc.

This year I bough a pair of cheapies on sale, (don’t recall brand, but a new one to the market, make gloves, helmets, boots, bags etc. Pilot?) and they held up pretty well.

I’ve been using alpinestars GP pro; GP riders seem favor them, but after the crash Jorge had in last years GP that gave stoner the championship I don’t have the faith I used in them. Non the less So far they have held up fairly well I’ve put them through a bit of abuse for the past 2 years.

my last pair of cheapo gloves from pibs 70 bucks or so Tore to bits from just wearing them no crashes.:Idiots

If you go through gloves like you say I’d suggest Held Titan gloves I hear nothing but good things about them.

One feature that is new to Held is the connection between the ring and pinky finger. This prevents against dislocation of the pinky in the event of a fall. Not all riders love the feel of having fingers connected, but it is easy to cut between the two seems to release them if you choose.

Stingray leather is extremely abrasion resistant and very prominent on this glove. To give you an idea how strong Stingray leather is - using the same friction wheel, kangaroo leather is chafed through after only 4,000 revolutions whereas stingray leather was chafed through after 20,000 revolutions

The Held Titan uses a step seam to avoid pressure points and increase comfort and feel for the rider.

These gloves also feature a handy little shield squeegee on the left index finger for keeping your shield free of moisture.

The Knox handroid is also another great choice.
Hand Armor back in March of 2010. The flagship is the Knox Handroid, and that is what we will be taking a look at today.
The Knox Handroidis using a patented Exo skeletal flexible spines that cover the vulnerable knuckles, fingers and thumb and give full unrestricted movement.

The Knox Handroid has the tried and tested Sport Scaphoid Protection System on the palm. The SPS creates a sliding motion when on the ground so that the leather is virtually not touched. This is huge for a glove, typically when a rider falls they stick out their hands to try and stop them from falling; many riders have had Scaphoid issues when doing this. The issue with leather or a rubber type material hitting the ground is that the coefficient of friction is huge; most times this will put a huge load on the seams and they will fail causing the palm to burst open. Below you will see a picture of a pair of Knox Handroids where a customer of ours fell and put down his hands to stop him. The gloves performed extremely well doing what they are designed too.

Like every glove in the knox line to date, they all are using the Boa lacing system for closure of the gauntlet. On the top of the wrist we have a metapod protector that contains energy absorbing honey comb that will protect your hand if it hits something hard.

To give the Knox Handroid a crazy amount of feel, Knox is using a full Kangaroo leather palm. The rest of the glove is using Japanese Race quality drum dyed Aniline leather.

The Knox Handroidscan be had in 4 different colors; Black, White, Blue, or Red. To order a pair please give Jason a call at 888-784-4327 ext 210 or e-mail Jason@sportbiketrackgear.com

We of course have a video review on these amazing gloves for you to watch.
[ame=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trb4ae_Yqs0”]YouTube - KNOX Handroid Hand Armour Review from Sportbiketrackgear.com[/ame]

This other video is a follow up review of some riding we did in the Handroid.
[ame=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB4K8FRZrNg”]YouTube - KNOX Handroid Gloves Review and First Ride from Sportbiketrackgear.com[/ame]

To show the free-movement when bending a hand we snapped a picture of the Handroidwith a closed fist.

The Kangaroo palm makes these the most comfortable gloves we have put on to date.

The SPS 3-piece system does a great job protecting anyones hands as well as the double wrapped pinky.

The Cuff uses plastic so that it allows a sliding affect when brushing the ground.

As explained earlier, we have a set of crashed Knox Handroids that did really well when hitting the ground. You can see the scuff markings on the plastic pieces of the Exo Skeleton to protect the leather as well as the SPS.

Here is a blown up view of the palm, showing the little bit of wear on the leather and the large scuffs on the SPS. This did it’s job 100%.
[url=“http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Categories.bok?category=KNOX+Armor:Gloves”]

I’ve seen both gloves after a crash and they looked perfectly ride able the only thing that happened to the knox glove I saw after the crash was the back hand plate snapped off which is trivial not sure what it does anyway. The A* gloves I have tend to bust open upon impact do to the outer stitching of the glove…

I forgot about a newer company Called Heroic I hear A LOT of good things about their gear.

[LIST]

• Full kangaroo skin carcass
  • [FONT=Verdana]Exotic Stingray fish buckles, hand sliders, palm sliders[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana]GP Pinkie - finger protection during crash[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana]TPU Knuckles[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana]TPU Sliders[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana]HEROIC Articulated Fingers - Keeps fingers in Racecurl[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana]Kangaroo Thumb deflector - keeps hand buckle from getting damaged in wreck[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana]Fully stitched with Kevlar and bonded Nylon - ultimate threading[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana]HEROIC Logo with shock protection memory foam.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana]Extra inch of gauntlet from predecessor[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana]These gloves received 2WheelTuner Editors Choice in their 2010 Glove Guide.[/FONT]
    [/LIST]
					                         						                                                                                                   ![http://www.heroicracing.com/v/vspfiles/templates/HRA/images/clear1x1.gif](http://www.heroicracing.com/v/vspfiles/templates/HRA/images/clear1x1.gif)                                                ![http://www.heroicracing.com/v/vspfiles/templates/HRA/images/DBox_Border_Left_Bottom.gif](http://www.heroicracing.com/v/vspfiles/templates/HRA/images/DBox_Border_Left_Bottom.gif)                 ![http://www.heroicracing.com/v/vspfiles/templates/HRA/images/clear1x1.gif](http://www.heroicracing.com/v/vspfiles/templates/HRA/images/clear1x1.gif)

The Heroic SP-R Pro racing glove

Cool ill post that up wen I get bak to my laptop. Im still in nyc celebrating the superbowl victory lol

Cool beans

Here are those pictures comparing my real A* GPX gloves to the fake ones that I bought off ebay. Retail value is $120, the fake ones were $80.

Fake

Real - notice how much better the edges of the leather pieces look, also notice the thicker/wider piece of leather connecting the pinky and ring finger

Fake - notice how wrinkled the “leather” looks even though these were brand new. I’m not convinced that this is genuine cowhide leather

Real

Fake

Real

Interesting How close yet how far away the knock offs are.

That little change makes all the difference in the world.

Gundam, never heard of Knox or Heroic but if they protect as good as they look I may have to splurge on a pair.

Going to go look up prices now.

Edit: look at prices :ahh

LMAO I think one of the dudes that works at SBTG name is Jason. see if he has a better price through personal contact. Often you get better prices that way.

The Knox Handroidscan be had in 4 different colors; Black, White, Blue, or Red. To order a pair please give Jason a call at 888-784-4327 ext 210 or e-mail Jason@sportbiketrackgear.com

+1

judging by the quality of the stitching, I’m sure the fake ones would fall apart pretty quick from normal use. it’s worth the extra $40 to get the real ones.

this guy sold a lot of fake A* and Dainese stuff, he had over a hundred positive feedback, and only one person actually realized that it was fake and gave him negative feedback (but I didn’t see that till after I bought it).

i wish i fit into a standard sized suit :frowning:

hell, i sent back 2 pairs of riding pants this week alone. apparently all fat people are also 7’ tall

Some pants are meant to be cut to length. The Icon pants I wear are like that.

I just sent back some icon compounds with that feature. the knee armor even at the highest position was in the middle of my shin. I thought about modifying them, but at $350… fuck that

I wear 42 x 30 pants, so looking at 44 for overpants, but theyre all in the 36" range for inseam. i figure a 31 or 32 inseam will work good on the bike

trying some olympia airglide 3’s next (44 x 35). They can also be hemmed so hopefully the armor works out. next stop is custom ones from Motoport