People in to Bike Track days!

Hey, A few of you know me, I recently got a full suit. I am really anxious to ride and have fun, like most of you.
Anybody interested in going up to Cayuga for a day? It’s about an hour and a half away. Cheaper than most tracks! It’s not the best course but it’s a course. Post up!!! I’m thinking in May!

im down. i can get a few people

I’m thinking in May. Tim, Chris, TMAN women hater? You guys have suits.

Get me a price and a date and I’ll let you know, Craig.

after i buy a suit, boots, and new tires i prolly wont have enough for a trackday, but if i do ill be in

May 6. It’s a Thursday. $90 pre registration. At the track is $125

little too far of a commute for me… be safe.

I’m not sure if my tires will pass inspection there, hmm. I’d also need to flush my coolant but thats not a big deal. I’ll let you know by this weekend, Craig. Are you borowing your brothers trailer?

I still have to talk to him about that. Is there any policy about getting trailers into Canada?

Might be alittle too soon for me. I won’t have the funds for everything until after then. I should have new tires next week though, just need a suit and boots. Also need to swap out for water wetter.

So, I can’t get my brothers truck. Well I can if we go somewhere on the state side, but because of previous convictions anything with his name can’t get into Canada. :frowning: I’m working on borrowing my neighbors truck, and if needed his has an 18ft trailer

man i’d love to do a track day, but no suit for me :frowning:

I may rent a uhaul van for the day. $20 a day for a large van. Anyone want in?

well the money i was going to use for a suit and boots needs to be saved for something else, so im out. :frowning:

Bump for my track day that I just got home from. Fun fun fun

pics?

http://www.timduquettephotography.com/TMP/Racer5/May_6_2010/Craig_Braymiller/index.html

The first 30 pics are from the first two sessions. After lunch I turned up the heat and quit being a pussy. Starting running times in low 1:30-1:27.111< My best time. Towards end of the day Angelo and I were right up front of the intermediate class. not bad for my first track day. First half of the day I was so nervous, couldn’t find a line. I got both knees down though, which doesn’t mean much, but it was a goal I had for my first track day…

You rode intermediate for your first track day? You gain a shitload of useful knowledge in novice. The class sessions are well worth it. Not to mention you can follow someones line who knows for sure what they are doing.

I don’t know how much you ride or your skill level, but it was very beneficial to me on my first track day. And the leading groups don’t exactly walk around the track. Dragging knee came easy as I was in the leading group. Our novice group was probably substantially faster than a bunch of the intermediate guys at the end of the day.

I can see in the pictures that your positioning developed slightly as the day went on, but even in the last pictures you are still pretty centered on the bike in hard turns. It’s things like that you learn in novice. And what’s really great (not sure if all places do this) is that they do sessions near the end of the day where the instructor follows each person and observes what they can do better. Sooooooo useful. By the end of the day I felt retarded for not riding like that all along.

EDIT - I’ll use Will for reference since I don’t have any good pics of me from Mid-Ohio.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v309/114/72/15719254/n15719254_35730160_4856.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v309/114/72/15719254/n15719254_35736517_143.jpg

The “instructors” there were just dudes who race SOAR and really didn’t want to teach, there was no class. All novice at this track was “hey don’t pass unless completely necessary” I actually teamed up with a dude who use to teach at one of the tracks up there and followed him for a few laps, Which I think is why my lap times cut down about 15 seconds from earlier in the day. My positioning does need work, I noticed a few times I was pulling the bike down with rather than keeping it higher to keep more tire surface area down…

also it appears your running dunlop race rubber… are those take offs? what track is this at? I too think you should have run novice, i bet it would have been a bore at first, but i bet you would have improved and learned a lot quicker… I dont feel like elaborating anymore.

Glad it looks like you had a good time, and glad you didnt get hurt and ruin your trackday experience