FREE Track Time and Class! Anyone interested?

Pictures posted
http://shift518.gom-host.com/showthread.php?t=11165

I am thinking of attending the New Hampshire event, which is around 4 hours away. Man, I so want to go but I need a suit…

FREE Track Time and Class!
For anyone in the NorthEast part of the country, we’re offering this for a limited time…

Not sure about doing a trackday? Maybe this will help convince you?

For no charge, you can sit in on our “beginner rider” classroom time.

Then, put on your gear and get on the track for a 30 minute “Follow the
Leader” session!

If you’re totally psyched to ride, you can then sign up for the trackday (if
it’s not SOLD OUT).

Or, if you’re still concerned, you can simply hang out all day and attend
the remaining classroom sessions.

It’s like getting a free riding course! Not to mention getting a chance to
actually ride the track!

OK… you’re thinking how good can the instruction be if we’re giving it
away for Free?

Well… your Chief Instructor is none other than Ken Condon.

Ken’s been a longtime MSF Instructor. He writes the Proficient Motorcycling
column for Motorcycle Consumer News. He even has his own riding skills book
and DVD out called, Riding in the Zone.

Anyway, if this sounds like something you’d like to do, pop over to the
TonysTrackDays website and send me an email from the Contact Us form.

Let me know which date you’d like to attend and we’ll do our best to get you
out there!

Tony
www.TonysTrackDays.com

I’m IN

I’ll be very pleased to hear if you can attend this event as well.

Last one was fantastic!

Most tracks, you’re allowed to rent a suit for the day ~100$.

Edit: Which days would you like to attend?

Got more info on rental.

WHAT IS AVAILABLE?
a. Ten suits from Rev’It
b. All are the 2009 Silica model
c. Sizes range from 50 to 58 (European)

WHAT ARE THE RENTAL FEES and CONDITIONS?
a. The rental fee is $60 for one day / $80 for two consecutive days.
b. Sizing and pickup the day before the track day, after 2:00pm and during normal business hours
c. Return the day after the track day, before noon and during normal business hours
d. If the track day is on a Monday or a Tuesday the suit may be sized and picked up on Saturday or Sunday (through June, they are open Sunday 10-2)
e. All suits are rented on a first-come, first-serve basis
f. Any reservations must be secured with a non-refundable credit card deposit

Even cheaper then I thought.

This would be awesome, would love to get out on a track. When would this occur? So it looks like it’s free for the class and the 30 min follow the leader, then you would have to pay whatever the trackday fee is to ride the rest of the day? Any idea how much that is? 30 mins of track time would be pushing it for an 8hr round trip.

Did you attend this last year Vlad? Ride you bike or trailer it?

So, Vlad; you been to their event before!? How about July 20? Well, to be honestly either day is fine, since they are so close.

I am thinking of getting a suit around $400~500, instead of renting.

I was actually thinking paying for the event. If you are unsure paying for the trackday, I think the the free ride is a good option just to see if you want to continue.

I am still wondering how the logistics will work, don’t really feel like riding for 4 hours there, spent the day on the bike and then have to ride back.

May be If we got more people, we can rent a van and load all the bikes up and drive there.

I’m sorry if I misunderstood, by last even I referred to the last event that you recommended (Skip Barber).

I personally would advise against riding out there from a logical stand point of endurance and fatigue and also danger to the bike not being able to make it back if things happen. And they do happen.

However knowing myself, I probably would bore myself with driving a truck and I’ve done crazier things so I’ll seriously consider riding out there.

Actually, I’ve kinda looked into renting van, and it is not cheap with the rental fee+milage. I am thinking riding to NH a day early and spending the night around the track, that will be cheaper and will have enough rest for the trackday.

You planning on doing the free ride thing? or just register for the event?

Man, I need tires; My rear are gone.

I would have to see if I could steal my dad’s van+trailer, not sure if I could fit 2 bikes on it or not.

One person could always just ride along.

Rental vans do fit a bike without a rear seat (think caravan).

I’m thinking about doing the free, but would also debate on the actual track day, since in reality it wouldn’t be all that free after all and an entire day may be marginal price difference after considering gas/food/time lost/gear/prep etc.

Are they back to back days? Free time the first and track day the day after?

I’ll have to lurk around their site for a bit and figure it out, I wouldn’t be all that against spending one day there being trained on the free seminar, and spending the entire next day on the actual track day.

They are back to back for NH, July 20 & 21. I just found out at work I can only take 20th off, so for me it will probably be the 20th.

I believe, how the free ride thing work is they just squeeze you in the class. I believe people who are interested will need to email them first to see if there is room. Initially, I was too thinking of just doing the free ride thing, but given the distance and all; I was thinking might just do the whole trackday and at least I can get myself prepared and plan the whole thing out. Given the travel time to NHMS and has to be there by 7:30, it will be tough travel there on the same day of the event, at least for me.

I know for sure bikes can easily fit into a uhaul van, the problem with smaller passenger van is the low(er) roof and the issue with finding tie-down points. Loading the bikes on and off without a ramp would be another issue.

Found this video on their site about a typical event:

nice find, good vid

I did some math, and the “free track time” acts as a nice incentive, but it’s not worth to drive 4 hours one way for 30 minutes, so I’m looking at a full blown track day or even two - back to back.

The fun per $ ratio increases dramatically that way.

Depending on weather we tow or ride, will decide which bike I bring.

You got another bike? :excited?

And yea I would need to save up some money if I wanted to go, not sure if I could afford it by july.

If you guy don’t mind sharing a room, we can split the cost. I know the Red Roof Inn they suggested is already full; I found a days Inn near concord for around $90 a night. http://www.daysinn.com/DaysInn/control/Booking/check_avail?advancedSearch=false&entry_source=&brandCode=DI%2CHJ%2CKG%2CRA%2CSE%2CTL%2CBH%2CMT&checkInDate=07%2F19&checkOutDate=07%2F20&numberRooms=1&numberAdults=1&numberBigChildren=0&numberChildren=0&useWRPoints=false&rate=000&__rate=SRB&promotionCode=&corporateCode=&cid=&affilid=&partnerid=&referUrl=null&srcUrl=&iataNumber=&id=04152&tab=tab2&resetCheckAvailMod=true

If you guys plan on riding, might want to bring an empty small (2.5 gal) gas container with you, and fill it up the night before. According to them, NH’s pump won’t open for the track day, have the extra the extra gas will avoid reverting the bike back to street trim for gas outside the track.

In addition, make sure your gears meet their requirements:
http://www.tonystrackdays.com/category/3375/rider-preparation.htm

Mike if you plan on going, just make sure you book the event 2 weeks before cause the fee will increase by $40 afterwards.

New Hampshire Track

NEW PRICE for 2009! - $235 per day — includes Garage space!
NOTE: Price will increase $40 during the last 2 weeks before an event.

Below is a list of our New Hampshire Trackdays for 2009.
May 26-27 - Tuesday and Wednesday
July 20-21 - Monday and Tuesday
Aug 3-4 - Monday and Tuesday
Sept 29 - Tuesday

* Our events in New Hampshire include access to the garages on a first come, first served basis.
* Drinks (water and gatorade) will be provided.
* A lunch buffet will be available for all riders and guests at $10 per person.
* Overnight camping is allowed prior to the first day and in between each two day event.   
* Registration and Tech Inspection will be open from 7:30 AM to 8:15AM each morning, and from 7pm to 9pm the night before each trackday.

Are there any SuMo tracks around hurr?

You don’t need a special SuMo track, there are some twisty sections at NHMS and according to them it is not a power circuit.

I can see how on-road SuMo is fun! :excited:excited

Well looks like this will end up costing ~1500$ after it’s all said and done.

Time to check the finances.

I’m also going to email them and check on a few safety/prep/inspection concerns of mine.

Just for the record, other alternative - 280$

https://www.penguinracing.com/pages/122_july_17_2009_registration_equipment_rental_form.cfm

Definitely makes Tony’s look like a bargain.

$1500?

I might ended up going on the 21st instead, I will have to confirm on Monday. I also found a van rental for $40 a day with 500 free miles, so I will probably not riding there so it’s less tiring and have way to back in case I crash the bike.

I rode a bit today and upon closer inspection, I think I will get a new front tire also. These bike tires do wear out quick…

Not underestimating the expenses, but I also do tend to go a little too thoroughly if I have ample time to plan the event, plus many of the costs will be incurred as a one time expense (trailer setup, suit, cameras).

Costs come from the fact that I’m holding an order for two go pro cameras - one wide, one regular, 240$ for the day, the rest of the gear (lower + proper rated boots), my dry rot (newer) Michellin (long story) won’t pass tech and I’m not buying another 160 tire so I’ll go with a Gsxr 180 rear wheel swap - needs spacers, wheel and obviously tire however 7lbs rotational mass lighter, plus trailer for Subaru/trailer kit + Hotel + gas + food and other miscelanious expenses.

$1500 may have been actually a low ball :lol