People in to Bike Track days!

Those were practically brand new Dunlop Sportmax Q2’s… Not so much anymore. I’m not at all saying I am a genius on the race track, but I have a decent amount of knowledge of riding and was able to really get on pace by the end of the day. The track was Cayuga, up towards Toronto. Day ran by RACER5. I would go back to this track, but as for it being organized… It wasn’t. Riders meeting was a joke, Tech inspection was a joke. I had fun though.

they looked like these

no?

anyway… glad you had fun. run mid-ohio or beaverun… much FASTER tracks…

edit 2:
with some help from a control rider, you’ll pick up braking points, body positioning tips, turn in points, apex points, etc etc etc… things that “just trying to get a knee down wont help you with…”

I havent ridden with you, so i wont speculate, but my guess is you would have benefited greatly from some instruction time. I know i did, (every time it was offered to me)

They look just like that. I used to always run pilot 2ct’s… But I got a good deal on these and they are great!
I am actually doing Beave July 3. Through Motoseries(fasttrax), I plan on doing novice because their control riders will actually be helpful. Prior to going on the track we did a few laps in a car with an instructor who pointed out turn-in points, Apex points, and what to watch out for. That helped a little, his info ran through my head every lap…

Bump from the dead!

Anyone on here still do track days? I just picked up an 07 R6 to convert into a track bike only.

I’d be interested to get on a track and see how well my buell keeps up.

I did a TMP open lapping day in early July, was an absolute blast. I’m hoping to get up there once more in October before the season is out. I’ll post up to maybe garner some interest as the date gets closer.

Shucks. I won’t make it this year on it, simply have too much to do still between that and the CB I’m building.

I’ve been wanting to do one for a while. Would be in

October 4th (next Saturday) open lapping at TMP 10-5. Who’s interested in going? Weather permitting I’m planning to go with a buddy of mine and I think he has a small group joining us there.

Piss!

My bike isn’t ready, I’ve neglected it completely. Although I’m sure I can manage to swap fork seals quickly and toss some take-offs on it.

wish I could make it.

still haven’t got around to getting leathers and my tps is acting up lately. in for spring though.

So after a long stretch of nice weather, of course it won’t hold out til Saturday. Looking to do next Saturday the 11th if anyone is interested in joining. I’ll be there with a few buddies and @GV1390 as long as he has his bike together.

:tup:

My forks/wheels should be back by then. Just gotta order brakes/lines and a chain and sprocket and I’m good to go, I hope.

I wish there was a good supermoto track down here and close by. I miss riding around turns.

What pads/lines are you guys running @livin4hockey ?

I am not actually certain what pads I have, probably stock but I’ve never checked. I have Goodridge stainless front lines and stock rear. My first time out I made sure to brake super early as I definitely wasn’t confident enough in my skills. I did lock up the brakes a couple times but corrected it both times very quickly. I probably will want to throw some new pads on next year.

Ebc hh

Cheap, quick warm up, low fade, incredibly grippy…

Just run them for a week before the track day so they don’t surprise you…

Haha. @JBGTI

If you don’t have braided lines… Do that too.

I let the guy at the dealership talk me into some ebc Street pad… I fucking hate them… However theyre better now than the first month

Opinions on Galfer vs Goodridge?