Deal or NO Deal. 01 330i, $11,900, 77,104

After having 2 bmw’s with mileages over 200K… I don’t see a problem with it at all.

BMW pre purchase inspection about 120 bucks its pretty much running it through an inspection. The would do pretty much what you would do anyway.

chrome rep wheels :tdown:

just take it to a dealer and spend the $120 for a PPI, go from there, if you can get it for $10-10.5 it would be worth it.

can you just drive up and ask for one? b/c i am not from that area? maybe i could have them take it there??? dont know.

There are a few things that would make me say not worth it. Even at 10k.

and it has the sport seats.

Does it have Cold Weather Package? i didn’t read anything.

like?

I sent them an email…

Call them and say you want a PPI, that you will pay for out of your pocket, make an appointment at the local BMW dealer that is convenient for the seller, tell them to take it there at that time. Also call up BMWNA and ask for service records by the Vin to see what was done and if it was maintained.

If they seller says no to either of those walk away, fast.

i sent a email… i am waiting for a reply.

Not this could be because of the shitty pictures, so I’m assuming a lot here. Lets start with the interior.

Interior: It looks like where the floor is cutoff that there may be some carpet damage, and there is what appears to be some scuffing in odd places indicating that the interior may not have been taking entirely too well care of if it’s still there after detailing. The staining on the carpet looks a bit whiteish which might indicate it was driven during winter and not cleaned up as well as it should have, granted rust isn’t an issue really too much on these cars but it might be of concern. Also I can’t tell if it’s a reflection or if the leather on the steering wheel has been worn through on the left side.

Exterior: Great the car is black and has 4 doors, but you can’t see any detail in regards to the condition (Ex. Dents, scratches, respray, accident, anything really) of the car besides that it does indeed have four tires on it, of which are also in unknown condition.

Maintence: No details listed. No under hood shots, or shots of the conditions of the tires. Lets assume it might be neglected in a similar fashion to the interior.

And finally this quote on the internets:

I have purchased several cars here:

http://www.executiveautogallery.com/showroom.php?type=Car

Most of his cars are all sold with “salvage titles” but include a 36 month bumper to bumper repair policy. (If sold as ready to go)

Granted I might be generally paranoid. But unless you get some better quality pics and some more info on the car it’s hard for me to really give a positive look at this.

great info!:smiley:

No deal. Auto is teh suxor.

Id buy it if i had the money.

i understand… you like to buy pontiacs.

can you afford the maintenance costs? i was looking at same gen 330ci’s, but when i did the research…

more than i could afford. i know i’m beating a dead horse that no one’s mentioned in this thread (yet), but seriously - maint costs on any bimmer is no joke.

Uh huh, because parts don’t wear out on BMW’s. :roll2:

That’s fine, people just want to justify buying more car than they can honestly afford by pushing the miles they’ll accept out farther.

NYSpeed did a great job talking Dawn into that high miles Subie with the same BS about “It’s not like it’s a GM” and then week after week we had posts from her looking for help figuring one little problem after another. If you’re good mechanically and don’t mind wrenching now and then it’s one thing, but don’t expect an 80k vehicle to be maintenance free, regardless of brand, over the course of a 3-4 year loan.

You are completely out of your element, please stop while you are ahead. The maintenance intervals and required maintenance at the inspections, which is every 30,000 miles is a lot more in detail than most other companies, if kept up require less future unplanned maintenance, hence get the power point inspection and maintenance records, which BMW keeps track of by the vin. If you can’t find those, walk away, which has been stated in the thread. If the car is beat on, which you can tell by the maintenance records, if there is a lot of issues stay away, if not, you will be fine.

they are not bad if you do them yourself, actually they are the same price as any other car.

jays i like you buddy, and most of your post are good, but common man, please dont compare gm and bmw…

and btw,… go for it man! and in a couple years when it has 150k ill take it off your hands =) :tup: