Dealer employees: need help

so, im reasearching something and need help locating a part…mostly what it looks like.

car in question is a jaguar x-type.

what i need is a picture of the transmission from the top or bottom…showing me the passenger side. I’m trying to determine if the driveshaft for the rear wheels mounts into the casing or if there is a PTO box mounted to the passenger input for the passenger axle

an exploded schematic for part number refference would be AWESOME

thanks in advance. ( i cant find this crap on the internet ANYWHERE!)

ford owns jaguar and TORQSS works and or owns a ford dealer :gotme:

Uh Oh, Do I smell AWD Coming on ?

^ AWD has been coming on over a year lol…but now im in a race to finalize the plans for it becuase another guy is starting to collect parts from my list and asking me alot of questions about my research. I need to build it first lol.

I just REALLY need to look at an x-type transmission. BAD

2.5 or the 3.0 tranny?

http://i14.ebayimg.com/05/i/000/8c/d4/3129_1.JPG
http://i11.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/d4/de/8f2c_1.JPG

it looks like it only has one output shaft… r u looking for picks of the transfer case?

i called the ford guys and they don’t have access to the parts schematics for jaguar but they said if you call west herr jaguar they should be able to get that for you

^ awesome, thanks!

i am looking for pics of the front transfer case yes. I was trying to determine if the transfer case was part of the trans or something that mounts onto it. I could avoid purchasing the trans if they are separate.

plus the input shafts are different diameters and the jag manual transmission is MUCH harder to come by than the cougar/contour. and my guess is the only difference would be the mounting holes in the casting for the transfer case to bolt on.

OOOO, awesome! thanks…unfortunately the transmission is needed…SHUCKS

tell me exactly what you need and what years. ill see what i can get.

well, what i need to compare is 02 and older 5spd manual jaguar x-type transmissions to late 90’s contours and cougars with the v6.

ultimately im trying to figure out if there is a way to convert a cougar or contour transmission to an AWD transmission using the x-type transfer case because the manual transmission is VERY HARD to come by for the jag.

heres some pics of a 02 x type manual tranny, im going off alldatapro. there might be more if this dont help. i try some other accounts to see if i can find a better parts diagram with a exploded diagram.

is there any descriptions associated with this pic?
http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3795&d=1203458476

pm your email address, ill attach a few word documents with everything i can find.

i am a member of contour.org. this has been talked about COUNTLESS times. all of the work that will need to be done is not worth it. head over to the forums there and search. you’ll find more information than you need

i really dont see your obsession with this project but i sm impressed with your dedication

its not necessary, ive been researching this for 2+ years and i have sorted through ALOT of other people’s “reasons” it wont work, and most dont have valid points to back them up. actualy, now that i have seen the transfer case. Im thinking this is going to be a sinch. the focus has the advantage of a central exhaust tunel that can be used for the drivshaft. Nearly NO modifications will be necessary to the chassis itself other then cutting out the spare tire well and removing the gas tank in favor of a fuel cell. At this point I have concluded that all i need is the transfer case and i can make an adapter plate to mount it to the stock trans using the already cast mounting points used for the tranny in other vehicles and tap them so i can mate the transfer case to the trans, then make a sleeve adapter to pop into the output shaft port simulating a passenger axle, but only being something resembling a toilet paper holder tube you see in your bathroom as far as lenght, with splines on the exterior end just like what is already on the jag trans. then a custom passenger axle from the transfer case to the knuckle and the front is all buttoned up. Knotch the front crossmember and box it out as they do for the v8 swap kit, custom driveshaft, Escape or 99+ cobra rear IRS if you feel saucy, or just settle for the kugel mount kit for the 8.8 fox body straight axle. I can even keep the stock bolt pattern and backspacing.

SUCK IT! lol

pwn lol.

Just go RWD. Believe me it’s better.