deals on windshields?

i need a new windshield and was wondering if anyone has any hook-ups.

… preferably north of Newmarket.

S13 and S14 $190.00 tax included, installed on the spot and warrantied, north of New Market might be a little extra, like $20.00 or something.

:shock: Thats a good deal. Does it apply in the Hamilton area too?

Yup!

thanks, John… i’m gettin’ er done first thing wednesday morning. :thumleft:

i just had the windshield installed… nice guy, good job, but he charged me $240 cash (no receipt). he said it was $190 for the windshield + $20 for the moulding + tax.

still cheaper than most places, i guess.

He charged you extra for the molding? What a bastard! He couldn’t re use the old one I guess. And he should only charge you GST not PST. I will have to give him shit.

yah he did the same thing with me when i had him do the lexus a few months back. it wasnt that he couldmt reuse the old one he was promoting a new replacement saying that it would be much better yada yada yada

whats the work quality like? what proccess is involved? which moldings were replced?

I’m considering this… which cars can be done?

Thanks!

He does all the windshiled replacements for us at the dealership and we never had a problem with his work. I know he has done many windshields for people here at SON and everyone has been really happy with his price and workmanship, im just pissed because he charged extra for the molding. I know they always sugest to change the molding when you are getting a new windhield because it’s better and blah blah blah, personally I think it’s to make more money but I specifically told him not to pitch sales lines at the people I send him, then again everyone has to make a living somehow…I don’t know maybe it’s just me, Im a strong believer of “If it ain’t broke don’t fix!”

I still think he does a great job and well worth the money.

He did a great job with both my cars, but on the 240 he also replaced the moulding for an additional $20. Since the new moulding doesn’t have the special raised rain lips on the sides, water now flows across my side windows. Not a big deal but a gripe nonetheless.

Otherwise, I was very happy with the work and “cash” deal.

so, WHERES THE PHONE #? :slight_smile:

will he go to oakville?

his name is Henry, his number is 416-854-3914… i believe he’s mobile for a nominal fee.

^ Thank you Kosta.

Make sure you guys tell him you were refered by John from Prestige Motors so he doesn’t charge you retail.

will he still do it for this price?

Congratulations you just got the award for the biggest bump, 6 years !!
Hopefully it’s worth it and he is still around!

http://files.sharenator.com/congratulations_Congratulations_xdvx_on_30k-s320x302-100602-580.jpg

LOL

If not then just go to Lakeshore Krown. Igor has done a couple cars for me at around that price.

On the bright side, at least it seems like he/she used the search function, like everyone tells people to do on these forums.