Dear Monsoon Outside

free car wash. cant complain.

got a phone call at 4am this morning at my house, my dad left and was on his way to lake rushford, ny. apparently they possibly had a tornado there, on top of that, all the run off water goes through the creak we have our cottage on, my dad had to go throw some more ropes around it, people have lost there boats already, some docks, also friends of mine have there jetski’s off there docks and on rocks and probably soon to be land when the water goes down, since they are still hooked up. there boat is under a bridge right now, bashing up and down against the bridge and the rocks under the bridge, few other friends have lost there boats and some demolished apparently.

though something was wrong with a family member getting this call this early. fucking weather!

Aparently it didnt rain hard enough. I still have lipstick on my window :frowning:

agreed. everyone around me is flooded :mamoru:

well…the storms are nice unless you live in Gowanda.

My basement did this exact thing for the second time ever. How fucking annoying. Now serv-pro has to come in and clean my basement AGAIN!

my auxilary sump pump kicked on for only the second time ever, but my basement is bone dry :slight_smile:

I prolly should have checked ours last night…

or you have a boat on a canal that is getting very very fast currents.

hope my boat is still at my dock!

feel bad for my buddies family having there very nice dual engine yamaha jetboat sitting under a bridge getting destroyed.

http://img.alibaba.com/photo/104979068/2004_Yamaha_Lx_210_Jet_Boat.jpg

I was gonna fill my pool up more- no need now

Hmm, I wonder if my drain tile overflowed last night. Never even looked in the basement…

Coincidentally I had a pile of about 100 dirty towels on the basement floor waiting to be washed, right near the sump pump. If my basement would have flooded, I’d have been saved by laundry laziness. :tup: :roflpicard:

You guys know they make check valves for this very purpose right? They’re not cheap to have installed but if it’s a common occurrence they’re well worth it. Basically the water can only flow one way, so when the town system starts backing up it can’t flow back into your house.

Perhaps, but it might look different. I wanna see.

The remains of the previous falls, which rivaled Niagara Falls in grandeur, can be seen along the escarpment.

phone lines and T1 out at work, fucking every time it rains, i think south buffalo’s copper lines are fully exposed to the elements.

people still rollerblade as a form of transportation?

And on a serious note, last night resulted in some of the most ridiculous lighting I’ve ever seen. I would see one main bolt, and then it would snake across the entire viewable sky for a good 5-10 seconds. Then it would thunder for a good 20-30 seconds.

lol right? our T1 was down this morning as well

better than driving drunk. props to you bigwoode!

as for the lightning, crazy! this reminded me of the time i was in florida, they have some crazy lightning storms down there, but man, flash after flash after flash in lancaster last night and new stead.

i had the usual creeks running accross my basement. as for the lightning, anyone see it when it would spider out into multiple bolts at ones? fucking wild…

storm was pretty crazy out here too.

Crazy lightning, and taking the girlfriend home into livingston county was even worse.