Delaware Speedway king of the hill Friday night!

Hey Just wanted to let people know about King of the hill at Delaware Speedway On friday the 11th. Its at the end of the night, starts around 9:30-10:30ish. Only asking for donations to run on the track. Bring a helmet, but if you dont have one there are many people willing to let you borrow theirs. No passengers. The way it works is like a drag race, 2 cars line up at the starting line and go one time around the track. Drifting is a huge crowd pleaser! Its a 1/2mile oval track. Also if anyone comes down to watch or race and is interested in drifting at this track stop by in the pits after the race and look for the 33 race team we have a truck and a latemodel, ask for Luke.

Also Forgot to mention that the gates open at 7:00PM racing starts at 8:00PM.

Well than lets make an official Drift day again one race night?

i know for my self

i would never drift a corner the first time without driving it a few time. exspecially with a wall.

and u also have spectators watching

we need some practise

This is true I wasn’t planning on going all out but I talked to my friend who drifts in So-Cal and ovals are hard, you let off the gas the bank throws grip on your rears in a second and into the wall you go.

NEVER LIFT!

Let’s have an official day where we can practice and people can get more comfortable with the track layout.

2hr track time on and off before and after the race would be awesome, did you ask about that Luke?

I’m trying to make a date for Drifting… I haven’t forgot! There is somthing in the works for Aug… I can’t believe the planning that has to go into a one day event! Come out and see the track at least, help support a drift friendly track :slight_smile:

Thats the back-up plan if the Full day event doesn’t come through

mmmmmmm. august sounds good

I def can’t make it this weekend or else I would have entered the king of the hill!

[QUOTE=duckJAI;325529]NEVER LIFT![/QUOTE]

Fun track! It’s true, never lift!

You and yer buddies comming quinn?

Ya guys, King of the Hill is a blast!!

I tried it out last year at Flamborough speedway on hwy 6. It’s a 1/6th mile oval. Here’s how it went.

My dad told me not to go… said some people are so greedy for the cash they sometimes just bring a complete POS and wreck you. I told him I’d just be cautious and get the jump for the inside lane. (I didn’t want some dude to push up into me and use me as a guard rail).

So, the program comes to the King of the Hill event… We all get called into the infield. I pull in beside a late 90’s crown vic with keypad entry and side exit exhaust HAHAHAHA… This dumb lookin yokal says, and I am not exagerating one bit… “You got sum purrdy paint” I was terrified that my dad was going to be right…

My race is next… the guy is looking to see who to pair me up with, he looks at the yokal in the vicky, looks back at me and asks me if it’s a 6 cyl. I said, “nah, it’s just a 4” he says, “well I gotta send you with the ford, you two are up next” I was thinking, Yeah, “I got this guy covered… as long as he doesn’t hit me.” I fired it up right away and pulled onto the track in the inside lane… Sweet, If he does actually keep up with me, I’ll just stay low and dive down if he’s gonna get dirty. Well, I walked him on the start, so that was good. I did slow down quite a bit for the first corner due to the dust on the front tires, which was excessive judging by the tire spin off the line. He started catching up, but by then I could feel the front tires gripping normally although still cold. I was between corner’s 1 and 2 when I gav’er. The back stretch flew by pretty quick and he was still fumbling out of turn 2… My heart slowed as I got the checkered. no drifting.

Second race was a stock pos neon… but again, the Advan A032’s had snowballed the dirt from the infield so no funy stuff. No contest.

Third race was looking to be the showdown of the evening… the guy should have saved that race for the end as there was a stock 90’s chevy p/u with tiger paws on it next and last. Anyways, there’s me and this 85 GT mustang with Falken Azenis on all fours waiting for the green light. The green light flashes, the flags go up. I step on it, but let off again for the corner due to the dirty tires that are starting to really anoy me. I’m on the outside too… kinda scarey but I have good brakes, so that was my plan if I had time… heh. So far the mustang and I are even through the corner, but as soon as we hit the back stretch the KA-T pulled on the tired old Hi-Po, carbed 302 for the lead as I take the low groove through the last corner and down the front straight for the win. I did let the ass end wiggle a tiny bit to get the feel of the track… Just as Pantaloons commented, never drift a corner before you drive it… I think someone else said that too though… Mark?

This brings up to the last race, which was going to be a cake walk… this guy should have been taken care of my me or the mustang before our race, but that’s how it happened…

Because I just won the last race and this was the last one, I didn’t have to drive into the infield, which was really good for my confidence entering the first corner. I didn’t smoke it, but definitely learned a bit more about how the banking.

I left the line and looked back as I was entering the last corner to see him not even on the straight yet. I wanted to make sure he wasn’t going to plow into me if I happened to spin attempting a drift.

I won the race, but drifted the last corner. I slowed right down on entry and decided to just power oversteer the middle and see where that got me. Everything turned out well and I didn’t wreck!! Yay.

Here’s the video of the stanger:

Theo23 uploaded this video to

And the pick up:

Check out the crowd drawing their breath as they all thought I was spinning out… Oh, and the song they played just as I entered the last turn… priceless.

Theo23 uploaded this video to

Moral of the story:
Have fun, but steer clear of yokals.

Unfortunately, they have limited the King of the Hill races to trucks only this year… that would have been fun.

Great read…

Churning and burning they yearn for the cup

They deftly manuver and muscle for rank
Fuels burning fast on an empty tank
Reckless and wild, they pour through the turns
Their prowess is potent and secretly stern

As they speed through the finish, the flags go down
The fans get up and they get out of town

Cake rules.

haha, i love the crowd’s collective gasp during your drift theo, nice.

i love how the announcer said he barely made it referring to the drift theo made. even though it showed he had complete control the whole time. lol.