Deleting Photos- iphoto

I have an eMac and I’m not good with computers. Somehow I managed to accumulate 3600+ pictures in iPhoto. 99.9% of those can be deleted because they are all old pics of stuff I listed on eBay. I tried dragging them to the trash and got the pinwheel of death after each, so doing it that way I should be able to be rid of them by next Christmas. Is there a quick way to get rid of them in mass? Most folders can be completely deleted. I’m not an expert, but I imagine they may be dogging my computer down a bit. :smash2:

ugh… if theres anything I hate worse than the bsod, it’s the never ending pinwheel

maybe backup and reformat?

LOL, I wouldn’t even know how to do that. I’m that bad. I figured if there was a way to wipe out all of my pictures at once, I could do that, after putting the small amount I’m saving on a cd. I watch that motherfucking pinwheel all day long, especially when I’ve been listening to Pandora for a little while. Shit slows to a crawl and eventually I just restart the thing.

Were you dragging them to the trash from iPhoto or from Finder? And were you dragging 1 photo at a time or several?

I forgot about this thread. I just tried dragging them to the trash via the finder and it was working great. I did a few months worth, and then when I tried to access the rest, I couldn’t access the folders. For example, I will go into the 10/07 folder, and the all of the dates and the data folder are overlapped. Where there should be a dozen folders, there is one with a blob of overlapped writing that can’t be read. I try to open it and I can’t. W. T. F.