Dell tech support

I’m not sure how to describe the call other than awkward. Suprisingly it wasn’t to India (I don’t think), but the guy just sounded weird. I called to get a replacement mouse to replace the one I had just gotten (wheel was sticking). I guess they have scripts they use since he was going to “find the best solution”. I was thinking, it’s broken, send a replacement. :slight_smile:

He goes to finalize the order, comes back, and asks if I can check if I have all the CDs that came with the computer so he can send any missing ones. Do they do multiple calls at the same time? Is that why there are long pauses between questions?

I don’t think that they do multiple calls at one time, but he might have been muting the mic to talk to someone in between questions. I dunno?

As far as the script, a lot of support places do, and I think Dell is one of them. Luckily for me I don’t need to use one, but other departments in my company use them and have to use it to the T.

Scripted response from, likely, a new employee.

he was recording yer voice and playing it over a few times to comprehend the english :rofl:

Philipines or El Salvador most likely.

He probably needed to click through whatever troubleshooting tree to get to “replace the mouse” and paste it into his journal.

Wouldn’t surpise me if he had to run your dispatch by someone higher up for approval. That can take a couple minutes. The higher up probably told them to check the CDs.

i have a shitload of dell mice at work, i could just mail you one

I appreciate it but they’re sending one out, and the other one got here in a day.

i would have just bought one not to deal with those retards.

?

Just create a support case online, your only comm. will be through email. Word them ‘techie’ sounding and they’ll ship shit out right away.

i worked for peco (main electric company in philly but call center is here) as a customer service rep. and most of the times when your on hold the rep did put you on mute just to talk to whoever is by them. your call seemed to be easy so they prob just kept you on there to avoid getting the next call.

as for the script they are prob monitored from time to time to get a monthly bonus so they have to ask you stupid questions every time you call.

:drama: I did the same shit when i worked in a call center for almost 3 years. Even better was putting people on hold to take a piss/go eat/get something from the kitchen.

When I replaceshit here at work i just use the chat support. Usually im too busy to call and can bang out a chat in my inbetween time.

haha i would put them on hold and listen to them talk all kinda shit then get back on in the middle of them yelling at thier 20 kids they have.