Dude... I'm getting a Dell

Time to replace the home computer - ordered another Dell. I’ve been hearing bad things about their tech support though - long waits and being sent to foreign countries where you can’t understand the person on the phone (unless you pay for the gold support). Kind of too late now, but are all the computer manufacturers doing this now?

congrats!!!old man!!!:tounge:

i just built myself a new one

Originally posted by Jeff95TA
Time to replace the home computer - ordered another Dell. I’ve been hearing bad things about their tech support though - long waits and being sent to foreign countries where you can’t understand the person on the phone (unless you pay for the gold support). Kind of too late now, but are all the computer manufacturers doing this now?

Great computer and yes their tech support is out of india. Get use to it. All these computer companies are starting to do that. its cheeper to send it out of country. But the computer its self is pretty decent. We just got a 8300 series…

being that you replaced a computer, you have a moniter… so you probably got the deal with a new moniter or got an inflated price for just a tower… shop around on the interweb… a good computer is to be had for 350 and less… but i guess if you need tech support then :cool::embarass:

Originally posted by BlkP42E
i just built myself a new one

You forgot to add that Me and Sonny have been your god damn tech support. When do we get paid?

Originally posted by turbovw18
being that you replaced a computer, you have a moniter… so you probably got the deal with a new moniter or got an inflated price for just a tower… shop around on the interweb… a good computer is to be had for 350 and less… but i guess if you need tech support then :cool::embarass:
I needed another monitor anyway since my daughter is getting the old computer.

I’m going to hook her into the network so she can print, but is there a way to keep her off the Internet (I have cable Internet) since she’ll be attached to the router? I was just going to delete the shortcuts to Explorer which will work for now, and get rid of AOL IM. Any easier way to do it?

Originally posted by turbovw18
… but i guess if you need tech support then :cool::embarass:
I’m an engineer not a computer person. I can do a little bit of computer stuff myself, how much stress analysis can you do? :tounge: :wink: Of course, I don’t know why you would want to do stress analysis. :doh:

Now I know who to call when my 1 year warranty runs out, or I can’t understand tech support. :bowdown:

Originally posted by 8Grand
You forgot to add that Me and Sonny have been your god damn tech support. When do we get paid?

Pittspeed is all about helping those in need :wink:

fuck the dell and buy a comp usa special

1.8 ghz for $600 and tons of hard drive space owns you Jeff!!!

:smiley:

Imac:tounge:

fuck imac unless your hardcore gangsta graghics prodigy!:tounge: :smiley:

Originally posted by Shaggy
fuck imac unless your hardcore gangsta graghics prodigy!:tounge: :smiley:

dont forget the less virus’s they get

thats cause who the hell wants to hack into a Mac?

Originally posted by BlkP42E
thats cause who the hell wants to hack into a Mac?

to many blocks [bill gates]

:bowdown: e-machines

ummmm…

Originally posted by Shaggy

1.8 ghz for $600 and tons of hard drive space owns you Jeff!!!

:smiley:

as stated that price can be beaten… :rolleyes:

hey heres one take a guess how much this IMac costed my girl for
graphic arts

sonny found me a hell of a deal with my new desktop