• XP Home
  • 512 MB RAM
  • 80 GB drive
  • 48x CD-RW & DVD
  • 17" monitor (not flat)
  • integrated graphics :frowning:
  • other minor stuff
  • 1 yr warranty :embarass:

And I’m buying Office 2003 (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) for $129.

well you definatly couldnt touch a good mac for under $2500… this seems to be a big debate… PC vs MAC… I have owned / built MANY MANY windows pc’s and windows is nice and all, but it just crashes too much and I cant take all the pop-ups that explorer lets through. I was tired of seeing “Explorer all of a sudden came to a stop and must close now, you will loose everything”

I just got a new Apple Powerbook G4 for christmas and its the shit… the sharpness and graphics from the monitor and processor are unreal… even text it sharper on my mac than my windows PC…

its your call… but you did definatly get a good deal on that Dell… seems like a nice computer… enjoy !!

computers suck

Originally posted by turbovw18
computers own me :frowning:

man that sucks :smiley:

Build your own and save the money :smiley:

this set up was around 2500 for the whole kit and cabootle

and i still dont know how to operate this damm thing. i need more
memory

:tounge:

Originally posted by ToMeGuN
Build your own and save the money :smiley:
Jeff is loaded. $$$$$ is not an issue. :smiley:

Originally posted by Black_WS6
Yep. That’s why you always see that guy cutting my grass when you drive past. He takes care of all my lawn service and landscaping. :wink:

Originally posted by Jeff95TA
Yep. That’s why you always see that guy cutting my grass when you drive past. He takes care of all my lawn service and landscaping. :wink:

I know the guy… the first time i drove by I didnt see him… i guess he was turned sideways. When he turned and faced me, i caught a quick glimpse of him.

Originally posted by Darkstar
I know the guy… the first time i drove by I didnt see him… i guess he was turned sideways. When he turned and faced me, i caught a quick glimpse of him.
:rofl: yep Jeff is def on team skny.

Originally posted by SP71Supra
but it just crashes too much and I cant take all the pop-ups that explorer lets through. I was tired of seeing “Explorer all of a sudden came to a stop and must close now, you will loose everything”

explorer will do that in any os. it’s shitty regardless of mac or win. macs are more stable though, but don’t hate the os just the browser :wink:

yeah…it’s not even the browser… it’s the unskilled user… now a days people should know how to setup a personal firewall… i see myself being careful on the interweb just watching for macros / or viruses… but people that ask me to fix their computers have 100s of them… registry edits, ad flags, executables blah blah…

don’t blame the computer… it’s all user error… people just need to know how to maintain a computer and it’ll be good for years… i gave my 1.8 ghz to my parents… i stick with my p3 866 / p2 / p1’s… they do me alright.

most people run computers 2 or 3 times faster then mine, guaranteed mine runs better then most people’s… It all in the user.

Jeff I got some software that can take care of the internet thing with your girl and all that office stuff to… Don’t buy quite yet, i got everything you need

yeah… sent pm

Originally posted by Black_WS6

Oh money to burn huh ? get this one…

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,1366438,00.asp

Its only $6,245 :cool:

Falcon Northwest has one at there site ya can build for $15,000 isnt that bad either http://www.falcon-nw.com/config/build.asp