my home cpu

…died on me last night. it had spyware and some crazy virus that killed my multi-media capabilities (sound, cd drive, gaming, some media player stuff). it was pretty beat and always froze up and had error messages. well, last night it wouldnt even turn on. i’m fed up w/ it and its time for a new one. anyone have any advice on a place to go and get a new tower? i dont need anything special, but something decent. tonight i am gonna check at Best Buy and maybe Circuit City…and suggestions?

why not just reformat and reinstall your apps?

Free > Best Buy

dell.com

give me your old computer! hehe

yea your old computers trash, give it to sonny

Dell has really gone downhill lately. Their newer ‘black’ stuff is garbage and cheap feeling.

no doubt… dell is garbage, this is how they manage to sell desktop setups for 299 and 399 with moniter… :rolleyes:

the computer show at the expo mart is today thru sunday… might want to look there for deals.

from zee Russians. :eek3:

and the neighboring chechnyans

isnt Dell mail-order only?

yes, you’d need to go to the gateway store in monroeville to buy and take home same day…

home built>compaq>dell>gateway

Dell is after the price/performance market…

Once you get up into the higher pricing schema their machines are built much better. I do agree their low end stuff is cheap, but what do you expect when you pay $400 for a pc with monitor.

Sounds like you should buy off the shelf, cause if you think spyware has ruined your CPU and PC, then you are not very technical. I would suggest getting something already prebuilt, or just reformating your current computer.

spyware isnt the only thing wrong w/ it. it doesnt even turn on. i have no idea why. but when i turn it on…nothing happens at all. there is alot of stuff wrong w/ it besides spyware. plus its getting old, so i want a new tower. my moniter is 17in, so im gonna keep all my speakers , monitor, keyboard and such. i’d rather not mail order either. but i’d go out to monroevilles store if they have decent computers at a good price.

How much are you looking to spend? Do you want to have support? Do you game, what do you use your PC for? Give me some ideas about what you are thinking and I’ll be glad to make a suggestion for you. It’s not mail order you build it online and they ship it, if you buy something off the shelf you are not going to get the best price/performance delta based on how the pricing on PC’s drop so vastly.

The online build to order model works well for a good reason.

DO NOT BUY ALIENWARE!!!

i got a $ 3,600 paperweight here

You are not the only one, look up the BBB records of late… they used to make good machines…

do you want a list of shit broken on my 1 yr old machine

screen is burnt
keyboard keys broke off i just got the stubs
broken front face plate
2 blown batteries
broken floppy drive
over heats after a few minutes and shuts off

and the worse custome support ever…they barely speak english

its just a painted over priced pos

cant wait to send this back for service…and to think its a year old and i got 3 more left on the warrenty