Demolition begins in 1 hour , the Pier

its all getting knocked down. should be cool. rly no point to this thread.

Might ride by there today.

what are they putting in its place?

afaik they are just making the ground shovel-ready for future development.

I dont think anyone is going to build anything down there (and rightfully so) until they figure out how they are going to reconfigure rt.5/Fuhrman Blvd/the skyway.

sweet we’re right down the road from it I want to see this

its probably going to be a relatively slow and boring demolition, like the lawley building was downtown.

lame, was trying to look up if they were using explosives. they took the cheapest bid so likely to just be some dude with a sledge. :frowning:

[quote=“redrum,post:4,topic:36236"”]

afaik they are just making the ground shovel-ready for future development.

I dont think anyone is going to build anything down there (and rightfully so) until they figure out how they are going to reconfigure rt.5/Fuhrman Blvd/the skyway.

[/quote]

I was under the impression that a few years down the road the skyway was being torn down with the replacements being much nicer on the eyes

[quote=“chino,post:7,topic:36236"”]

lame, was trying to look up if they were using explosives. they took the cheapest bid so likely to just be some dude with a sledge. :frowning:

[/quote]

lol. a sledge and an F150.

:word:
any word on this?

[quote=“chino,post:7,topic:36236"”]

… likely to just be some dude with a sledge. :frowning:

[/quote]

BJ’s Odd Jobs:

“Gutter Cleaning, Leaf Raking, Karate, and Demolition”

[quote=“LAFENGAS,post:10,topic:36236"”]

BJ’s Odd Jobs:

“Gutter Cleaning, Leaf Raking, Karate, and Demolition”

[/quote]

:funny:

Damn, i spent my 21st b-day there… I think…

Im gonna miss it, such a great venue too bad it only made money 2 days out of the year.

lol

[quote=“BuickGN,post:13,topic:36236"”]

lol

[/quote]

Are you lol’ing cause your 21st birthday the pier was still a plateau with dinosaurs roaming free on it?

quiet

wow… i was just out on the water a week ago and saying to my friends how sick a of a club that would be to get started all over again…

forget that idea…

Geez. Does anyone remember when the Pier had teen night? Shit, I used to go to that all the time. I was like… 12. I think you had to be like 15-20. Gross. Black boys used to grab my butt. I think I wasn’t allowed to go there after someone got stabbed. Hahahaha.

[quote=“baseball24,post:16,topic:36236"”]

wow… i was just out on the water a week ago and saying to my friends how sick a of a club that would be to get started all over again…

forget that idea…

[/quote]

its turning into a shovel ready site, who knows we could have a cool waterfront on our hands…