Detail Job

So Ive noticed my paint job seems to be pretty swirley from over the years and my helrot paint doesnt seem as red as it should be. Would a solid detail job help bring the life back outta my paint? Recommendations? Ugh I forgot I also need to take care of the clear coat thats peeling on my trunk and side skirt as well.

I think there’s a lot of guys on here who do details.
just look on teh advertiser list.

Yes, a good detail will do alot for paint condition. It won’t be cheap though.

yes i detail… basic 3 stop buffing process with 3M extra cut and white foam pad, 3M hand glaze with black foam pad, then a 3M swirl mark remover with a blue pad… followed by a nice coat of wax will have your vehicle looking awesome… also some scratches COULD be and i do say COULD be removed by a wet sand before buffing with 1500-2000 grit sand paper. and as far as the clearcoat peeling, there is nothing a buff job will do to cure that…

slopoke did amazing work from what he posted, but he got banned for for that i guess

i still have his # if you are interested lmk

Before considering a detail, I would look into having your peeling clearcoat repainted first. Bodyshops(no offense to guys on here) are notorious for leaving post painting, releveling holograms left over as well as sometime severe swirls(both machine induced and poor wash induced). That could and should all be included when you eventually have the paint correction performed. That being said quality detailing does not run cheap.

Alright, looks like Im gonna get the clearcoat taken care of first

And just keep in mind(and you’ll need to speak to the painter, some paints come out cured or partially cured) that you shouldn’t wax for 30days or so after painting to allow outgassing of solvents.