Auto Detailer

Soo ive never had a car professionally detailed before and have one that I feel could surely use it. I currently have a 2011 black honda crv ex. It needs a good exterior detail. Some scratches in clear coat corrected, buffed and maybe a clay bar idk? As far as the interior the carpets are fine, just the seats could use a good thorough shampoo.

Who does this these days? Post info and prices if you do or know anyone.

Thanks,

Mike

Try Sam Cosmano @ http://sammyswash.com/ in East Aurora. He attends a lot of the autocross events, etc. He quoted me @ ~$180 for full detail on the C7 Corvette, but I bet it changes by vehicle. I plan to use him at least annually for that car.

Rule of Thumb: Its not a miracle worker but it does do its job. Wax is only a TEMP fix IMO.

If you don’t stay on top of washing the vehicle properly afterwards do not spend the money to get this done. Black requires a lot of upkeep to look flawless especially on a daily driver. Washing a vehicle properly is the key to having nice paint. Also the Honda’s around that year had the clear coat issues and recalls I do not know if the CRV was affected but a Detail Professional might not want to take a buffer to it honestly depending on the clear depth.

sammys all the way

That is probably not the case, you can polish almost anything if you are careful enough (in most cases). I am in Rochester, so I am not offering my services, but any good detailer would first assess the vehicle, and start with the least-aggressive method first. A wash, decon, and clay bar will reveal what the paint actually looks like.

From there, I would pick a panel and do a test area to see what the paint wants. A white pad with M205 would be a good start. Use that to see if the correction is good enough for what the client is asking for, and go more aggressive if needed. It may need to go to an orange pad and M205, orange pad and M105, MF pad and 205, MF pad and 105, etc…

My point is that a good detailer should be able to handle even the softest of paint safely if they know what they are doing.

exactly! Thanks for the info man. I’ll keep looking around