Did anyone else drive my car before i bought it?

everyone witnessed my car being punished over and over, and i got it and never had one problem and its 16 years old :gotme:
maintain it, and forget about it

u cant test drive evo’s :slight_smile:

yes you can, just show up in a bmw

im sure i could test drive an evo… u just have to show that ur not wasting time

good luck… i tried even going to the dealer in MY evo to test drive a 9… not gonna happen. i showed them a ton of interest saying i was going to trade in my car for it and everything

they used to say the same thing about STi’s etc. But I’ve gone for test drives in both, you just have to go through the whole process and sit with them etc, etc… like someone else said, show genuine interest. I’d bring a printout of my credit report, telling them that i didn’t want them to do a hard check on my credit, because of it’s negative impacts.

then before you buy, you can take one for a ride.

showing up in an M3 or a Yugo is not going to make a difference if you can prove to them you have good credit and enough monthly income to make payments.

i have NEVER been turned down for test driving a car, ive driven porshces merc’s and bmw’s, i got to drive a bmw 335 coupe by myself etc… maybe itts because i was in the car biz and knew how to pull their strings they always let me… if u want id go try and test drive one and let you know how it goes, whose got one local?

+1

lol ray laks on OP has about 7 9’s left when i went there a few months ago… i dont care about driving one my 8 is WAY quicker than a 9, i just wanted to see if they would let me take one for a spin… was merely bored haha

:word: but you can’t deny the potential of MIVEC and the 9’s turbo. if i get another evo, it’ll be a 9 fo sho

I didn’t have any trouble getting a test drive of an evo when I bought my GTO. But I’m 30, showed up with my wife and was driving our Expedition. It’s the sales guy’s call about who gets test drives and who doesn’t. There are tons of things they look at to decide if you get no test drive, a supervised test drive, or a free drive.

The car you want to drive.
Age.
Car you’re driving (modded cars = bad)
Who you’re with. (young guy showing up with another young guy = bad)
What you say. Sales guys know what an interested buyer sounds like, and what a joyrider sounds like. And yes, sometimes they incorrectly stereotype. Looking at this thread you can clearly see why, because there are way too many people who just want to beat on dealer car with no intention of buying.

When both the evo and sti first came out back in 2003 i was able to test drive both of them back to back on the same day without much effort at all. And i showed up in my modded jetta. I guess it all depends on how you act and present yourself.

lol @ this thread

:word:

http://www.jonrosensystems.net/files/Jeff/0320071150.jpg

sigh

I hate people…

teh sux…

:expressionless:

baldy, now is your chance to blame it on the lot boiz

DOH! Where was it parked?

BMW has the best test drive policy of any dealer i’ve been to. I’ve never had a problem driving any car I wanted to there.

I was 20 and they offered me an STI when I asked for a wrx to test drive
they dont give a fuck