Diesel Crash

I just thought I would share this video with you guys. Gary Lee from Southern Diesel Performance Inc. (well known in the diesel world) was in a horriable accident on March 15, 2008. He was super lucky to walk away from this, and he has shared this video for others to watch, and to realize just how fast shit can happen.

Here is the link to the video
http://www.nhrda.com/0315/Vid.htm

A little background on the truck for those who want to know.
This is/was a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 (Yes half ton) Single Cab Short Bed
12 Valve Motor build by Jeff Garmon
Full Billet By Suncoat
Im not 100% sure on the “exact” specs, So I don’t want to throw them out there.

Its amazing that Gary walked away from this …

Wow. He’s REALLY lucky to walk away. It mowed the pole down like nothing.

That truck was mean too.

wow i was watching the nhrda on tv the other day, i like it because it shows street trucks and full race trucks , unlike nhra that just shows john force… anyway that sucks, it just goes to show you that big trucks are made for pulling race cars not for racing… that being said how much would it cost for me to build one of those?

[QUOTE=vtecsol;673360]it just goes to show you that big trucks are made for pulling race cars not for racing…QUOTE]

Why is that? …

It was a very un-fortunite event, but what does that have to do with trucks not being able to “race”?

High Performance Truck Low Performance Driver

And to think, if he would of stayed in it he would of still been faster than 60% of the cars on here

Honestly … Probally more than 60%

i did see a point where he probably should have counter steered but didn’t…but driving a truck is so much different than a car…that shit probably threw him for a loop even with the right safety equipment…that fucker got a lot of air after that barricade too…

I definitely wasn’t expecting the truck to barrel through the fence and take out a light poll like that.

wow thats crazy

wow that is crazy

Jason Bourne would have kept driving.

blue would have been able to save it and finish in reverse running a 13.9

that just shows,trucks are safer!

exactly…a car would be in pieces…along with the driver

Wow, did an axle break for it to kick like that?

also the track lookes like it was slick, did you see the mark in the left lane

as for being faster? how fast is that truck?

I give him a 10 for the jump…

should’ve had quik driving it…

Looksl ike he just broke loose.
Seen the mark in left lane.

I owuld say it is a 10 sec truck.

that’s pretty crazy. i really wasn’t expecting the truck to jump like that.