Diesel Lovers Look!! Zee Oh Sex's New Ride

I just realized that you can take the words “bro” “cool” and story", put them in any order, and it all means the same thing.

Picked up a Diablo Predator programmer yesterday for 200 shipped off of someone one “thedieselplace” forums. Hopefully the programmer gets here by the weekend. Also looking at getting my hid’s within the next few days.

Loaded the Diablo into my truck last night at its lowest setting…

Now the truck has only 40whp and 100lbft of torque more, but, it pulls like a freight train shoots out a real nice cloud of black smoke on the initial hit, AND SHIFTS LIKE A KID WITH A.D.D TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT PRESENT TO OPEN FIRST ON XMAS!!!

My guess is the trans needs to “learn” how to shift under its new tune…so im going to take it easy for the next few days. MPG has increased by 4. HID’s next!

It’s’shifting like the truck falls on it’s’face inbetween shifts right? The tuner has “defueling”. It does that so you don’t kill the trans. There should be a way to shut it off.

Umm, hard to explain…it does seem to do that Frank. But it also seems like it cant decide when it wants to shift (meaning it will shift early sometimes or downshift when it would normally stay in gear, or sometimes in the middle of a shift it like holds itself, almost like it doesnt know if it wants to actually shift) like i said, hard to explain…almost feels like the tranny slips once in awhile too. But its not slipping, obvy because i loaded the program and it started doing it right away, and no i didnt load the program and hold my foot to the floor right away, i actually babied it. Ive only gave it the gusto once since i put the program in

Is there an option in it to adjust tire size?

^ Yeah, i just went thru that. Only problem is i wasnt in front of the computer and it asks for the tires in metric size so i guessed and put them in as 325/65/20, its probably close but i know thats not correct. Mine are procomp 35/12.50/20 so i have to look for the conversion and im going to re-enter it.

EDIT : just found a conversion online and my tires are equivalent to 315/60/20…Im going to change the tire size to that and see if it helps.

PLZ don’t put stacks on it. So played out son

Nah no stacks bud…gonna leave the exhaust the way it is…Ive decided i actually like my exhaust better than stacks anyways

what are your MPGs? I wanna roal coal toooo :cry :cry

mpg’s are currently 17mpg for mixed city/hwy…well worth the small $ i spent on the programmer IMO

I cant wait to see what this gets, but im petrified of it at the same time. Rofl.

:rofl …i reset the avg econ setting on the highway today and it settled in at about 23.5-24mpg at 70mph…Not too shabby.