different color headlights..

As long as theyre properly aimed, its fine since you have stock projectors that at least aim the light somewhat decently. Unlike most reflector based headlights that just throw most of the light into the sky and oncoming traffic.

The best bet is to get another cheap HID kit, and keep the old ballast for spares. You can get them for $80 shipped all day. Dont get above 6K.

Well, I obviously don’t mean so low that they’re useless :). But a lot of people install them without properly aiming them and that’s when they have problems with other drivers.

And I’m a whore for the yellow tint.

Sounds good…

3K isnt NEARLY as much of a reduction in light output vs the 8K and beyond crew, and the yellow color can look nice. But i would only run it in fogs.

Word.

I’ve been looking all over for PIAA 1200’s, but those motherfuckers have been out of production for a while now. So effing hot though.

3 years ago, i had really blue HIDS in my elise highbeams, but the lowbeams were 4500 or something. It was mostly for show.

Nowadays, whenever i see some super blue hids coming towards me, its almost always some total piece of shit car, like:

Scion TC
Trailblazer (not SS)
Some modded honda ricer POS

super high color temperature has become synonymous with poor.

I’d keep the SS on that list.

my itr has dif bulbs than my integra so i couldnt use those anyways lol…

when i turn on the lights they last for about 1min, then they flicker and shut off, but when i turn off my lights and back on they work again and end up doing the same thing

could it have anything to do with how cold it is out?

HID kits suck, regardless of how much you paid for them. The ballasts are dead or dying. They will only get worse. The bulbs require progressively more voltage to fire when theyre colder, but if the ballast fires and then cannot maintain a steady state or flickers at all, its garbage.

Some people say the HELLA Gen II Ballasts are good, but I dont think they come with standard automotive bulbs or are even really available. But those are the only ‘good’ ballasts that come with the AMP connectors on them.

Yes it is illegal. NYS v&t law 375 sub 2.a.1. at least two lighted head lamps on the front, one on each side, having light source of equal brightness.

i thought this is reffering to the cars that have daytime running lights, they lights illuminate but the actually headlight bulb is not lit up?

either way i dont think im goin anywhere tonight lol, ill prob just stick to daytime driving for a while

just had some idiot blind me with his 12k HIDs in a scion last night… he just threw them in the stock housings and called it a done deal.

:slight_smile:

Lol. OK FINE. INCLUDING SS.

But normally it’s some POS base model w/ 22" rims in the snow and chrome accents galore (ESPECIALLY SCOOPS).

HaHa yeah. I seem to see more tools in the SS’s with them. I guess when a car depreciates so fast its easy for the poor to get a hold of em.

im not poor :frowning:

im just naive to colors on the energy spectrum :frowning:

Is it an old honda ? are the HID’s in stock halogen housings ?..yeah. Anyway maybe this will help a bit.

http://www.mod-express.com/v/vspfiles/assets/images/ckc.png

lol you just called me poor basically… asshole

im going down to 6k. its an integra, the bulbs sit further back and are projected forward thru the idk…“tunnel” eliminated, its different that slapping HIDs in non projector headlights

If I saw your car with your cheap ass Lighting setup, My assumption (Ive been trying not to make too many of those lately) is yes, that you are poor. and that “tunnel” excuse for the lack of projectors is BS. If you want to do it right, retrofit a nice set of projectors with a good cutoff (RX330 < all) and run a nice cool white 5-6K HID setup. Until then assumptions will be made.

I want projectors for my highbeams

lol i bought the camera from you, did u not see my headlights?