stupid saab headlights..

okay, well here is the story…HID power wire shifted/rubbed pulleys and shorted the power ballast out, so i got a new one and a new power wire…and tested it on the drivers side to make sure it all works, and it does…
…however, here is my prob. it will not work on the passenger side, and neither will the other ballast/bulb…neither HID will work on my passenger side, WTF is the deal? burned out passenger stock headlight socket? idfk…help me please.

if you had a wire rub through, it probably blew a fuse. have you checked that yet?

my left and right headlights are on different circuits… are yours?

get a multimeter. check to make sure its getting power and has a good ground.

yea, i checked the fuse…it was fine…mine has a h/l beam fuse(one that controls both)

how does the multimeter work? how do i use it to test for electricity running to the headlights only or for that matter, the front right headlight only?

im guessing he fried the socket when it shorted. multimeter would most likely comfirm that.

set multimeter to 20v dc setting, touch the red probe to the power wire, black to the ground, should read 12 volts on the meter.

anyone have a multimeter, want to help me out?

Where abouts are you? If you are near by I’m more than willing to poke at it. Gotta pick my multimeter up fro focusinprogress though.

come to my house this weekend man

i can give you a hand after work today (tuesday). around 6ish if you need.

you know where i work, and i live 10 min away from there.

sounds good daze. call me at(717)413-0361 when u get out/ get a chance. thanks man.

sorry, didnt see that post until this morning

its okay. i got it fixed anyway…whe i shorted my HID kit, the fuse blew, so when i fixed it, i did not fix the fuse, but it is now.