Dip's Track Days - July 15th

It was a really good day @ the track except for the fact that it was crowded and a few (very few) drivers who didn’t follow the rules.

I showed up in my 1991 Nissan 240sx coupe with my old Dunlop FM-901’s on stock 7-spoke wheels. I upgraded my brakes so I’d experience less brake fade while on the track…

All in all, I had a lot of fun. I told Jammin1911 that I was tired (late morning) however after a few hot dogs and a diet coke, I had my engergy back and was ready to tackle the course a few more times.

I had a real impression of automotive community. Before when I went to this event, it was dominated by 240sx’s with a real hard ass attitude. This even was more relaxed with a wider variety of cars (except honda’s).

I left with a really good feeling, happy that my brakes worked, my wheels didn’t fall off and my tires weren’t flat. I overheard a lot of people talking about speeds at the track, so if anyone want to list some information down, it may help someone that’s a little timmid about attending this event.

Please note that I have an S13 with stock KA24DE; it’s so stock that I still have the air snorkel attached to the stock air-box!

http://www.dunnvilleautodrome.com/images/track.gif

When I first ran the track (last year) the Len’s wasn’t paved and we had to go through Dagmar’s curves. In my opinion, it was the as challaging as the kink/carousel combination.

My favourite is curve grande and the paddock. I could exit curve grande at 123km/hr+/-5km/hr, shift into fourth and book it to the paddock. Right were you see “front straight” I’m at 152km/hr +/-2km/hr and hard braking down to 3rd gear to enter the paddock and again downshift to second to get around the club.

On one lap, while approaching the paddock I was sliding on all 4 tires since I shifted the weight of my car in such a peculiar way that I had no control (i had more grip on the inner wheels). Thankfully I recovered and got around the club in a less stressful fashion.

The other 240’s on the track were class acts! Here’s what was on the track.
S14 with S15 SR,
S14 KA-T
S13 SR Hatch’s
S13 SR Coupe
S13 KA24DE Coupe

Roger, good to see you out, I won’t be at the August event however if there’s one in September, I’ll go.

Cheers

It was a really fun day overall. Props to Derek, Matt, and Mael for keeping the track day organized.

I also had a close call at the paddock, I hit 170+kmh and i realized that i was going too fast and i just slammed on the brakes right before the corner and somehow recovered. I really thought that I was going to crash.

I will definitely be going to the next one in August.

thats awsome, i wish we had shit like that in manitoba, it would keep alot of racers off the streets! the best thing we got is our first drift comp in aug and it’s not really a comp, more of a practice then anything, no prizes, no judging, just plan ol fun, hopefully…

when i get my car back i’m gonna show up there, iw ould love to take a lap or two around that track!! looks like a ton of fun!!

we are thinking of adding a track day before the aug full day.

it was a great lol to bad i spent more time pushing a broom cleaning the track then anything lol

Mael

mark buddy…how were the tires/rims? i hope no shaking at 170…

Brock, it was amazing. Even at low speeds, my car felt so smooth and I was wondering why my car was feeling like that and I realised that it was the balancing. Even at 180kmh, there’s no shaking at all and the car is perfectly smooth.

The Rt-615s were amazing too, when I thought that they were going to lose grip and understeer, they didn’t. They just gripped.

Thanks for helping me balance and install the tires :smiley: I won’t go to anyone else to get my tires installed from now on. haha

For those of you who wanna get your tires balanced and done right, go to KAL Tire. They have a Hunter DSP9700 and that thing is amazing. I think it’s $25 per tire but it’s well worth the money. I definitely will not be going anywhere else unless they have a Hunter 9700.

Kal Tire - 905-848-3500
2403 Stanfield Rd
Mississauga, ON

i can answer that because i drove mark’s car for 5 laps or so. balance wise they were perfect and props to you for doing a good job on that brock.

he was experiencing a weird “bounce” in the corners but it was un-relating to balancing/mounting. played with dampening a bit and it didnt help, i suspect it was tire pressures but mark slacked off and didnt pump them up.

man i wish i could have made it… i had planned on it but it just wasnt meant to be. I will be out with you cats before the summer is out.

Bing you suck. If you don’t come to the next one, I will never talk to you again.

Btw, is your car ready for the track? What’s left to do?

Great day, perfect weather and a start time of 9 instead of 8. What more is there to ask for? The event was well run as always and a lot of fun. I just wish I had topped up my ATESSA fluid for the day so I could have enjoyed some AWD action. Sliding out of the corners brought me back to my 240 days!

i can drive on the track i just couldnt push it for more than 2 laps.

Last year when i was out i completely boiled my brakes up after 3 laps so badly that my pedal literally flopped to the floor. i had to sit for an hour just to get the feel back in it.

ideally i should fix a partially seized caliper on the pasenger side and get some open face wheels for better heat dissapation. Could use a fresher vlsd too.

as it stands i could boot around out there but it wouldnt be much fun.

http://www.annezelenka.com/images/crying_baby.gif

Sorry what was that Bing… I was having a hard time hearing you?

Just kidding, it would be great to see some senior members at a few track days though. Just a thought!

hey does anyone know what date it the next event? Or have the website address to dips events?

www.dipstrackdays.com
all info is posted there
hope to see you out there Will

Mael

crap… i have to work on that long weekend monday. Shitty

weak, call in sick…

we may be adding a day AFTER the next one, not before.
still TBA

^^ make that for sure and i’ll be at the next one. =)