June 11th track was awesome.

To those who didn’t show up, you’re all gay and deserve to die, no excuses. Stop hardparking and talking like you can drift and change your names from “drifter, jdm, etc etc” to something that reflects your hardparking abilities a little better.

Back to the main topic, only about 14 drivers came today. The weather was hot and sunny, but it didn’t stop the drivers from pushing their cars to the limits. Thanks to all those who let Sasha and I drive their cars, it is greatly appreciated.

A lot of people are getting so much better at drifting and just controlling their cars in general. I was rather impressed by some of the newer members throwing stock cars around the track without any problems.

Hopefully the pictures will be up soon, and maybe even a video. Thanks to everyone who came for supporting Jover’s events, he is trying really hard for all of us and hopefully more people will be out at the next event.

Yea seriously, I see all these pics of 240s and shit you guys never come out to the track. The track is so fun if you haven’t been, you cant NOT have a good time.

You know what guys there were no SRs there today, infact there hardly ever are SRs. Whats the deal? You guys with power should be coming out and pushing your cars, otherwise whats the point? May as well take up a lease on a maxima if you’re no gonna drive your cars!

Ok thats my rant. As for today it was sick thanks to alex and jover for letting me drive you cars, sorry for beating them so hard. It was so fun, highlight must have been getting nice and close with malcolm, some 4AG fun. I wouldn’t call it tandeming, but there was only about 1-2 car lengths between us at most points on that lap.

No crashes which was awesome, infact I dont think any cars suffered any major problems today. Overall awesome day too bad I couldn’t get my car out there.

Pics should be coming soon and a video I have about 5min of footage so I’ll throw something quick together as soon as I get a firewire card for my toronto computer or something.

As for me I want to move away from drifting and start racing more, I dont know what i’m gonna do but I want to race so badly, I wish I could find a sponsor - but no one sponsors someone with no experiance haha

Damn you all! Every second I was stuck shopping with my GF for her Bday I kept thinking about u guys. Wish I was there but duty called :frowning:

Maybe next time…still recuperating from my previous track days…no tires, no fluids, no rims. Gimmie a couple more weeks and I be ready again

I wanna see PICS!!!

wheee!!!

that was the greatest day i’ve had in a LONG, LONG time!!!

thanks to Jover and Alex for setting up this event and everyone (Pavel, Vlad) who helped me improve out on the track today.

those of you who missed this event missed out on one of the most AMAZING sessions ever! thanks though, i guess, for giving us all the track time we wanted :smiley:

i can’t wait for the next one!! :twisted:

Awsome track day, all you that missed it - boooooooo. It was a perfect day for drifting, never had this much track time before, never.

Thanks a whole lot to JOVER and ALEX for organizing this event, thanks DRIFTSTAR. If not for them we wouldnt be drifting on the track so often, its awsome that we get to go on track.

AWSOME TRACK DAY

Indeed, it was a truely awesome day. It was sweltering HOT on the track, and I felt like I was going to pass out because of the heat! I got to watch my own car being piloted by Sasha, Pavel and Tom… I can proudly say that the drivers that continue to attend these events are advancing by leaps and bounds in skill.

A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL! All you guys seriously deserve a big pat on the back. I’m not gonna hate, so no lecture for those that didn’t show up. Just kind words encouragement to participate!

Even I got to improve as the day went on! I was sway-drifting and whipping the corolla for all it was worth. I think the key to drifting at Nelson is just keeping it in 3rd gear most of the time. For me, if i downshifted to 2nd gear, i’d run out of revs, so by the end of the day, 3rd gear was my right hand’s best friend.

I am willing to host anything from photos to videos.

We were talking about incentives for ppl to send in their photos and video footage. Any interested ppl should contact Sasha or myself!

Actually, I was hoping that someone that has basic knowledge of web site maintenance was willing to volunteer with giving me a hand with updating the driftstar site. Contact info@driftstar.com to apply.

That’s only true for corollas :wink: 3rd gear is too fast for nelson in 240s and people who drift 3rd gear end up either: a) going too fast and almost going off the track because of it or b) leave the powerband and cannot sway drift into turns that are coming up.

Thanks to Alex and Jover for organizing and Pavel for giving me some worthwhile tips! 'Twas indeed ans awwesome day! Anyway, my concnetration has gone dowwn teh chubes nbow, cos im a bit drunk, but I thought to check herer for thsi post. Nighty night!

I really do wish i could have come…I’ll be there for the next one. You can all hold me to that. :lol:

Its ok jover you dont need to hate we’ll do it for you :twisted:

but seriously, it is so much fun you guys need to try it, there are some cars on this forum i would just LOVE to see out there/drive out there myself :oops:

I’m in once I either: a) Weld my diff or b) Buy a 2-way.

And then I’ll hand both Sasha and Pavel their asses.

:wink:

friggin car :x
Shes got a few bugs left but next one I’ll be there. Still pissed off I missed this one. Good to see you all had fun :biggthumpup:

Andrew.

:oops:

hey guys,
when are the pics and vids for this track day gonna be out? i wanna see some of this stuff. you can only see so much from the inside of your car, y’know.

lets seeeeeeeeee! i raik peektors. (and videos)