Good News for drifting in Ontario

Spots Still Open for June 4 Drift Session!

Come to the track and pay only $65!!!

I offer anyone the chance to try taking it to the track with us some time. It’s not as dangerous as it can be perceived and it’s the most fun/educational thing you can do… drifting is not manditory and there’s always someone to lend a hand, teach you a few things and be a friend.

June 4th is 2 days before my midterm :frowning: But I’m coming to the next one guaranteed, there better be someone there that can teach me a thing or two though, or I’ll be bouncing off the guardrails :lol:

June 4th is just a bad time. Sunday at 5:30. I would have loved to come out and there is 2 others from work that wanted to, but the time is just bad.

Jover I’ll hopefully make the 2nd Driftstar event if I can get someone to cover for me at work. I work every Sunday and have school Mondays. Monday June 5th I have a midterm so your June 4th event is a right off even if I could make it. Saturday is my free day, if they were Saturdays I’d be there.

Can’t win, this year, car is finally tip top. May 27th gets cancelled and your events are on a Sunday :cry:

Thanks God Derek’s event I can make or I wouldn’t see the track till July.

Andrew.

Some free service from MSSC would get me on the track June 4th. I have all the parts just need the proper tools.

Don’t worry Jover. I’m sticking with Driftstar 'till the end, even if i end up paying $100+/track day.

It’s honestly worth it. You meet lots of great people, and you have a HELL of a lot of fun, all while learning to control your car better at the same time.

Jover, how about you have spectators pay like $5 for viewing? i have a lot of friends that wouldn’t mind that at all, and they’re coming with me to the track days for support.

it’ll also make it a lot easier on your wallet, since these track days can get pretty damn expensive.

driftstar for life, shannonville is really only 1.5 hours away if u drive with friends or convoy, its safe and fun, get a hang of your car, come out and have a good time…

i’ll be there

ive got a race that day before you guys hit the track :stuck_out_tongue:

ill be there for sure missed all of last year so i must go to all this year

i have a wedding that weekend, im not going to any event in june cause junes so busy

tires are expensiev for someone working a hair over minimum wage.

a gymkhana event or something more urban would be fun

we can all still do touge runs though. anyone up for that?

No worries Jover, I’m with ya on this one!

How come it’s alright for everyone to attend Bing’s Niagra meet (not saying anything to you bing :smiley: ) as it’s on a Sunday but not a drift event? The cost is roughly the same by time you factor in gas, eating and what not.

Come on guys help Jover out here and post up (in his thread) to attend so it’s worth his time to keep doing this for us. :smiley:

How much is it to sign upfor this drifting session?

^^^^

It’s $65.00 if you pre-pay.

Here’s the link to check all the info,

http://www.son240sx.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22464

$65 prepaid. $80 at the track?

There are thousands of people on this board and so many people claim to be drifters, but there arent usually more than ten SON guys at these events.

Less posing more drifting!!!

Theres no reason to be nervous about it, everyone has to start somewhere and there isnt any better way to get your feet wet than at a Driftstar event.

Lets put Ontario on the map!! Has anyone seen the poster for the auto expo at the indy this summer?? It says CANADA’S 8 BEST DRIFTERS!!! and they are all from Montreal! I say Fucuck that lets show them what we can do. The more people we have out the better the pics and vids will be.

Spilner is EXACTLY right guys. There’s absolutely no reason to feel stupid if you can’t drift as it’s all a learning process. I don’t claim to be any good either (despite being told otherwise) and I’m always up to learning new things and improving on what I already know. It’s also going to be my first real drift experience in my new car so it’s almost starting all over again. :stuck_out_tongue:

Everything has a starting point, no one is gona laugh or critise you b/c of a spin out or if you did’nt even really manage to get your car sideways at all. Driftstar is offering a friendly enviroment where you can feel comfortable learning this sport and even instructional help too. You can’t get any better then that!

So for sure lets get Ontario on the map and have Canada’s drifter’s include a couple of us from here. :smiley:

Is there anyplace closer than shannonville to drift? for you toronto guys its not bad but im in london, another 2-2 1/2 hours on the other side. despite this im still comming on the 4th, for my first drift experience. maybe i’ll be able to keep my car in one piece.

Thats pretty steep if you include gas during the 4 hrs drive, and the amount of gas you waste there. And any parts that break down, and need to be replaced, including tires.

Might be one of the main reasons why drifting isn’t feasible in Southern Ontario.

Maybe a closer location would help. Guys in Cali can drive to central California, because parts are cheaper and convenient. Which is one of the reasons why the drift scene is bigger there.

Isnt Cayuga closer to you?

We should hold the drift events there if possible. Not sure if they have the tarmac for it.