Direct Tv dvr box help

ok so i just got my new box installed thismorning. everything is good but it takes like 6 seconds to change a station. anyway to fix this? makes me not wanna even use the DVR box. i have a regular box and it changes channels in like 2 seconds.

Hd?

nope i dont care about the picture, i do have it hooked up with HDMI and with just the normal red,white,and yellow the time cuts down to about 4 seconds

Umm if it has hdmi then it is a he reciever… Reset your box, red button next to the card

well it is a hd box but i dont have HD programming i can only get 480i out of the picture on HDMI

If your tv has an hdmi input on it, then it is a HDTV/edtv but you don’t seem to know much…

No really man I can’t get over 480 it won’t let me even in the hd settings. I do k ow what I’m talking about, I think since I don’t have the hd service my box didn’t have higher hd settings. But all I want is for the channels to change quicker and I’ll be happy!

Actually your wrong, the standard dvr boxes look identical to an hddvr box now.

Reset it and wait a day or two. Its downloading guide data and are sluggish at first. They are a little slow in the first place but get a little better.

But the standard box has hdmi? That is what I was referring to

yes it does. im not a retard i dont have the HD box. all i want is the channel to change a little faster lol

Give it a day and see if it is still doing it. It has 2 weeks of program guide to download.

yes its IDENTICAL except its a flat black instead of glossy.

I have the same problem. Live with it. You cannot change that form happening. Just use the blue button to get the mini guide and scroll through the channels that way then choose which channel and show you want to watch.

You should have gotten HD programming, your life would be so much better. Trust me. I cannot watch non-HD tv anymore unfortunately.

i dont watch much tv. the gf just wanted the DVR, tv quailty dosnt matter much to me.

he does not have a HDDVR he has a standard definition DVR. the directTV DVR’s have a HDMI output but the HD service is locked out.