discussion: wedding reception, bachelor party = SON?

my “fiance” (<<<HAHAHA) and i have been talking about the wedding and all the jazz that surrounds it.

it’s weird, like many of us i have my family to invite but when it comes to friends i have family friends, childhood friends, school friends, local friends and then car friends.

also like many of us it is the car friends that i find myself associating with the most, but does that mean you invite them to the wedding?

we were putting together a tentative guest list today and i sorta put most the car friends on in a reserve list… its strange

the format of the wedding is likely to be this:

• small intimate ceremony with just immeidate family.

• huge 200 - 300 person reception at the Cosy (family restaurant) that is fully catered with an open bar

as a result i think people would get the impression that i was just inviting them for the gifts, which may or may not be true, but that gets countered with free food and an open bar to get you slawshed good.

what do you guys think, and no it isnt SON guys i am talking about strictly. i have developed a huge base of car-related friends all over niagara, GTA and in western NY so it is a real issue that i would like to get a grip on.

do you invite car-friends to this type of thing?

now, the bachelor party.

i dont trust anyone to put this together for me… so i am doing it myself.

do all the participants contribute financially?

i’ve already talked to some girls about it. likely going to get a suite somewhere and get a few girls to put on a crazy show all night with toys and lubricants and shit… AAAAAWWW YEAH!!!

but no way in hell i am shelling out a couple grand to entertain everyone.

so how does that go?

personal stories? advice?

cliffs?

literacy assistance?

http://www.fiendish-one.com/0aa0114158048.jpg

As for the reception…friends are friends regardless of how that relationship came to be… so if they are firends and you truly feel you have a strong bond – invite them.

As for the Bach party… you may want to plan it but get one or two of your close buds to help. ALSO - this is a party FOR YOU. If you end up spending 1 red cent your friends suck ass. That’s why it is good to have one or two helpers…these guys basically have the job of collecting money and making sure YOU have fun.

I agree with the above statement. Doesn’t matter how they became your friend, if you want them there then you should invite them.

And the bachelor party, from my experience with family members getting married, is usually put on by the best man and maybe some grooms men. Definately not paid for by the groom.

yeah i dont trust my groomsmen to put this kind of thing on.

for some strange reason all my closest friends are churchies who dont know shit about putting on this type of thing.

my cousin and i have already begun planning and it will be for much more than just the people at the reception…lol

my cousin works on contracts with Labatt’s and Bicardi and says we can convince some of his friends there to use of some of their huge promotional budgets on this party provided that we invite them…lol

here’s the plan at present:

using a family hook-up we are going to see if we can a deal for a saturday night renting out a mutli-million dollar home in Niagara On The Lake that is owned by the Vintage Inns.

the son of the owner of the properties has a huge crush on two of my cousins who worked there, so much so that he flies them around the world at his expense…lol… so getting this place should not be an issue.

it backs on to the lake and has a big 3 car garage, a huge and beautiful lawn in the back and tons of other amenities.

thinking that 3 strippers should be good, provided they are down for the girl on girl $hit.

we’ll start it in the afternoon, set up a volleyball game in which the strippers must take part being scantilly clad…lol

bicardi and Labatts provide most of the alcohol but we will supplement with other drinks as well.

There will be an outdoor BBQ.

all staff / assistance for the party will be girls that are used in my cousins promotions company, so they’ll all be hot and love to party. some of the locals are models and we are sure they will love to take part.

we’re going to pitch this event to the girls like it would be a great networking thing because if labatts and bicardi are going to help out then my cousins friends from the companies will also be there and the girls might like to meet these guys… although it is more of a case of the guys wanting to meet them…lo

poker tables, BBQ, free / cheap drinks, volleyball with strippers then a nice long show by them afterwards.

people from out of town can bring a tent and camp out in the backyard if they dont wanna get a room.

we’ll set up some conversation cars in the garages and the driveway owned by some of the people that will be in attendance since most of the people here will be into cars.

have to do some more accurate costing first but it is likely going to be $50 - $75 per person in advance… way cheaper than a decent night out at the rippers and much much better.

how does that sound?

$50-75 / person sounds MORE than fair for an evening of that magnitude. :smiley:

Sounds great Bing.

Furthermore, if you need any help setting up or whatever, I’m sure there are many of us here who wouldn’t mind helping with that either.

sounds like a good plan bing.

and i think i can speak from most of my KW counterparts, that if you need help with anything we’re just a phone call away.

yeeeeeehawww yeehaaaaaaw yeeeah brotha bing like he said phone call away so if u need us to come out and take some pussy for a few laps before u take into the pits and pop the hood for a lube job lemme know

anything u need bingo lemme know , shit ill even bring some hoes if u want