display problems with direct 3d

ok, so I just got FF VII for the PC (note it’s not limited to FF7 either). when I got to play it using harware acceleration (geforce fx 5200), when it shows anything in 2D (backgrounds/title screen/ect) it turns it into a bunch of squares (like you can see a bunch of verticle and horizontal lines), yet the 3D models show up perfect. Need for speed does this too… only on the title screen/loading screen though.

I’m sure I’m not the only one whos experianced this… any ideas? or do you know whats causing it?

get the latest video drivers, and if that doesnt work get a better video card.

I have the latest drivers. and I somewhat doubt I’d need a newer/better vid card too, as both of these games are pretty old. It seems like when it’s rendering the models, it’s carrying it over into the 2D backgrounds and displaying it all wierd.

When I use software rendering it looks fine.

I dunno… maybe just the old technology

Direct 3D can suck my ass

OpenGL 4 lyfe

Try running it in openGL

do you have direct x 9.0c also?

Have you tried messing around with dxdiag? Start -> run -> cmd -> dxdiag

Should help with any d3d problems. Sorry I might be able to help when I am a little more sober. Woww good typing for me!

lol, well I can only run it in direct 3d unfortunitly… it’s ok though, I just run it in software mode and it’s fine. It actually looks better IMO