DivX/uTorrent users chime in

Ok so I just started using uTorrent last night and have downloaded a few movies to burn on DVD and send to family in Puerto Rico but I have ran into a problem. I am using DivX to watch the movies myself and then burn them right on DivX itself onto DVD. I have “burned” 2 movies so far and they DO NOT play in, so far 3 different dvd players. I was wondering what you guys recommend I use to burn these movies onto dvd’s or what am I doing wrong that they aren’t working correctly. If anymore info is needed let me know.

Thanks,

Nick

Use convertXDVD …It will convert the standard .avi (divx encoded) and make them dvd format .vob files. I’m pretty sure it should work.

Where do I find that? Got a link by any chance?

http://www.topshareware.com/convertx-dvd/downloads/1.htm

is this free? I see that there is a trial version but will that leave a watermark or anything like that? How long can I use it for before it’s gone?

Thanks man

you need to have a dvd player that plays .avi format

download only .avi format, 700 mb or less

win

i use adobe encore to burn things like this and works perfect, not free though

also older dvd players don’t play burned disc’s…

:fail:

the newer dvd players play divx right from a data dvd.

Thats how I watch movies for the most part.

Any newer Philips DVD player will play burned DIVX movies, no problem. IMO, much better solution than re encoding, and burning, taking anywhere from 1-2.5 hours per disc. You can find a suitable Philips unit for 25-40 bucks. If you want to step up a bit to a higher-end player that does GOOD 1080p upconversion, and plays DIVX discs, get yourself an Oppo DV981.

Don’t they have dogs that sniff now for burned dvds and media at customs?

You can also get one with a USB port input. I don’t even waste the time burning Divx files to a disk anymore, I just plug in my thumb drive and start watching the movie.